AddOn Studio 2015 for World of Warcraft
AddOn Studio 2010 for World of Warcraft
AddOn Studio is an unofficial World of Warcraft AddOn editor which features a Lua editor, a WYSIWYG WoW UI designer, and support for Curse repositories.
The AddOn Studio is a fully-featured integrated development environment, with many tools and features specifically for use with Lua and World of Warcraft development.
- Modern Lua editing and project management
- Curse compatible and integrated SCC
- WoW asset management and browsing
- WoW AddOn deploy and launch features
- WoW compatible Lua snippet test runtime
- Real-time Intellisense style tooltips and code completion
- WoW Lua and WoW Widget and API documentation
- XML Frame UI visualization and editing
- and more.
- This version is based on Visual Studio 2015, product version 4.0, and has been available since late 2016. This is version currently maintained.
- This version is based on Visual Studio 2010, product version 3.0, and has been available since late 2010. This is version currently maintained.
- This version was based on Visual Studio 2008, but was never formally released. The last downloadable release was version 2.0 Beta 2, on or around February 11, 2009. This version is no longer maintained.
- AddOn Studio for World of Warcraft version 1.0
- The original product version 1.0 based on Visual Studio 2005, and was released around the 2007 time frame. This version is no longer maintained.
- From 2007 Engadget article, AddOn Studio for WoW:
- For a big chunk of the gaming population, addons are mysterious things you download and hope will run. But for many talented people, they're an opportunity to help the community and make things easier for the rest of us.