|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 5.0.4.
This item is crafted by scribes with a skill level of 460.
This pattern is taught by Inscription Trainers.
Using this item will provide you with a temporary 1-hour buff. This buff is random, and only applies if you are below level 85. These buffs do not stack with existing bonus modifiers (with the exception of Learning by Example), and the item has a 1-hour cooldown.
- You've recently read some amusing tales of someone trying, and ultimately failing, to reassemble the Green Hills of Stranglethorn. Quest experience increased by 10%.
The Great Hunt
- You just read the journal of Nesingwary himself! Damage against beasts increased by 15%
- Through a tiresome (yet useful) read, you've become uncannily familiar with the surrounding terrain. Movement speed increased by %15. This does not stack with other movement speed increasing effects.
- You recently read a 197 page story about a duel between two healers. You have a chance to heal yourself when dealing damage to an enemy.
- You just read the journal of a very skilled and meticulous killer. Although it consisted of blood-spattered pages, you got the idea. Damage against humanoids increased by 15%.
- You've been emboldened by heroic tales of slaying dragons. Damage against Dragonkin increased by 15%.
- You recently read the personal journal of a diehard mechanic and author of The Art of Fel Reaver Maintenance. Damage against Mechanicals increased by 15%.
- You just read about some interesting ways to cut down giants in their prime. Damage against Giants increased by 15%.
Fire and Water
- Fire and water, earth and air; you feel enlightened on the subject. Damage against Elementals increased by 15%.
28 Chapters Later
- You recently read an adventurer's partially-completed guide on surviving a zombie onslaught. Damage against Undead increased by 15%.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): No longer craftable (though those created prior to 5.0.4 reportedly remain in game).
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Cooldown reduced to 1-hour.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.