Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Race||Blood elf (Humanoid)|
|Level||95 - 100|
Aeda Brightdawn is a blood elf warlock who came to Draenor with the Sunsworn. She joins the Horde adventurer as a follower, and is one of the few followers who can accompany the player through Draenor with her Bodyguard trait.
While traveling to Auchindoun, Aeda's party was raided by the Iron Horde; though she escaped, she was in no state to prove herself to the Gatekeepers of Auchindoun through combat. Too wounded to join Lady Liadrin and her fellow Sunsworn at Auchindoun, she leaves to recuperate at the Horde commander's garrison, taking up residence as a follower afterwards. She hopes that Liadrin will understand.
As a Bodyguard
- Sacrificial Pact
- Demonwrath — Become infused with demonic power, increasing health by 50%, damage done by 25%, and threat generated by 900%. Always active.
- Shadow Bolt Volley — Conjures a volley of Shadow magic, inflicting Shadow damage to enemies within 50 yards.
- Demonic Leap — Leap at an enemy, dealing 300 damage to nearby enemies upon arrival.
- Summon Infernal — Summons a[sic] Infernal from the Twisting Nether, impacting for (100% of Spell power) Fire damage and stunning all enemy targets in the area for 2 sec. The Infernal will serve under your command for 1 min. Acquired at Bodyguard level 2.
- Ritual of Summoning — Aeda will gain Ritual of Summoning, allowing her to summon a party or raid member to your location in the field. Acquired at Bodyguard level 3 and the completion of .
Aeda will also taunt and tank, which can be a useful trait for some players. She shines when dealing with large packs of weak-to-moderately powerful enemies, or paired with a class capable of healing her, since her survivability against stronger foes is, like the other bodyguards, somewhat unremarkable. Since Aeda counts as a player unit, players can cast and similar spells on her, making her an excellent companion for paladins, priests, shamans, and others.
Aeda's summoning ritual makes her a particularly useful bodyguard if a group finds itself lacking a warlock.
- Bodyguard quests
- Despite being a warlock (and a demonology warlock on top of it), Aeda has a disparaging attitude towards demons, referring to them as "demon scum." One of her battle quotes, spoken in Demonic, translates to "We will defeat the Legion." Her flavor lore mentions the irony: Aeda Brightdawn maintains that not all warlocks are "evil". They call upon demons and shadow magic, sure, but why does that mean they can't use their powers for good... right?
- For the sake of immersion, she appears to other players with the generic name of Sunsworn Warlock when they see her accompanying the player character.
- When acting as a bodyguard, her wings gained from will remain permanently visible.
- Aeda wears Tier 10.5 Dark Coven gear when first encountered, but will upgrade to Tier 17 warlock gear once she reaches bodyguard level 3.
- Judging by her surname, she can be related to Skymaster Brightdawn and Galathia Brightdawn.
- The brother she mentions may be Caledis Brightdawn, a member of the Scryers who was stationed on Outland. However, it should be considered that Hellmaw would probably be killed before adventurers would meet Caledis in Netherstorm if the order of zones is taken into consideration.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Added.
- ^ (spell)