Aeonus is a dragon of the infinite dragonflight, and the final boss of Opening the Dark Portal in Caverns of Time. He spawns from the 18th and final portal.
Powerful and wild, Aeonus was tasked by the Master of the Infinite Dragonflight to personally oversee the disruption of key moments in the true timeway.
- Time Stop — Aeonus stops time in a 0 yard sphere for 4 sec.
- Sand Breath — Aeonus breaths sand, inflicting Arcane damage to all players in front of him, reducing their movement speed and increasing the time between their attacks for 10 sec.
- Thrash — Aeonus thrashes at his current target, attacking 2 additional times.
- Cleave — Aeonus inflicts Physical damage to a player and their nearest allies, affecting up to 3 targets.
- Enrage — Aeonus enrages, attacking 50% faster for 8 sec.
Aeonus's portal does not produce adds, and his arrival is signaled by a distinctive shout. All party members should avoid his angle of approach while resting to full health and mana, if combat permits. Provided that few mobs remain from the previous waves, Aeonus drains Medivh very slowly, and it is possible to recover from a wipe with ~50% shield left.
Positioning is not important in this fight as long as the tank is the sole person within the forward cone of the Sand Breath and aggro is held.
Aeonus stuns the party at irregular times and does not stop attacking. Keeping the tank near full health is your only concern. Healers with HOTs should refresh them frequently. While learning the fight, use your fastest spells. An off-healer and mana regeneration effects (e.g. [Innervate]) are strongly recommended.
Loot and gain
After killing this NPC you will gain:
- The time has come to shatter this clockwork universe forever! Let us no longer be slaves of the hourglass! I warn you: those who do not embrace the greater path shall become victims of its passing! (It is worth noting that this quote was partially stolen from Medivh...)
- Let us see what fate lays in store...
- Despawn Time Keeper
- Your time is up, slave of the past!
- Killing a player
- No one can stop us! No one!
- One less obstacle in our way!
- We will triumph... It is only a matter...of time.