- Not to be confused with Aerin Skyhammer.
|Occupation||King Magni Bronzebeard's elite guard|
Aerin Stonehand was a female dwarf warrior who was a part of King Magni Bronzebeard's elite guard. She was stout and cheerful and was described as pink-cheeked and curvaceous (with most of her curves consisting of muscle), with her brown hair tied in a long braid running the length of her back. She served as Prince Anduin Wrynn's bodyguard and warrior trainer, as she had trained many others, during his stay in Ironforge. During their time together, the human prince became a close friend and in truth, Anduin eventually began feeling more than simple friendship toward the warrior.
When earthquakes started to erupt in Khaz Modan, she was killed while trapped under the rubble of the collapsed Thunderbrew Distillery. Anduin used all his strength to try to save her from underneath the rubble, despite suffering injuries himself. Though the prince cried out for aid to the dwarves and draenei nearby, he found none, and fell into unconsciousness. The last thing he saw was the face of the brave Aerin, dead beneath the debris.
The tragic death of his companion played a role in Prince Anduin's shaping morality and worldview, issues he would later confront with Aerin in mind during the trial of deposed Warchief Garrosh Hellscream. She also inspired Anduin to continue with his sword combat training.
- Aerin called Anduin "li'l lion".
- Aerin claimed to have spent "too much time" in Un'Goro Crater and considered it a "nasty place".
- According to Anduin, Aerin was all about practical matters and did not have much in the way of imagination.
- She was apparently at some point planned to appear in World of Warcraft, probably during the Elemental Unrest. She would be level 75 and wearing the Ironforge Guard attire.
- Her surname was first revealed in Before the Storm, 8 years after her original introduction in The Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm.