The Agamand Mills was a vast windmill network once controlled by the Agamand family in northern Tirisfal Glades. The mills were lost to the Scourge, the family was slain, and the entire residence was claimed by the undead. This is probably the largest Scourge outpost in Tirisfal.
When the Scourge attacked Lordaeron, the Agamands decided to hold fast to their home, and ordered their farmhands to remain on the property to defend it. This effort proved to be in vain; the Agamands and their farmhands were massacred by the Scourge, and most of them arisen in their service. However, a select few broke away, and became Forsaken instead.
Captain Dargol used necromancy to raise the ancestors of the Agamands and planed to use them against the Forsaken. He now resides in the strongest point in the mills, the Agamand Family Crypt. Coleman Farthing, a former farmer of the Agamand Mills, can be found near a small camp not far from the road leading into the mills that starts at Garren's Haunt. He blames the Agamands for his death and sends adventurers to end the undead family that still roam the mills.
Mobs and NPCs
- Devlin Agamand - The youngest of the siblings and the first to fall under the influence of the Scourge, it was Devlin who first allowed the undead access to the Mills. Because of his betrayal, Devlin was outcast by his siblings and now wanders the outskirts of the Mills.
- Thurman Agamand - Devlin's brother.
- Gregor Agamand - Devlin and Thurman's father.
- Nissa Agamand - Gregor's wife. She haunts the farmhouse and is the only incorporeal undead of the family.
- Captain Dargol - An agent of the Scourge who guards the Agamand Family Crypt.
- Coleman Farthing - A former farmhand for the Agamands, Coleman is bitter toward them all and wishes revenge for forcing him and the other employees to stand guard on the property only to be slaughtered and resurrected as undead minions.
- Tormented Spirit - A rare banshee who haunts the Mills and can sometimes be mistaken for Nissa.
- Nighthowl - A rare found at the mills.
In the RPG
The Agamand family once controlled this vast windmill network. Now the mills are vacant, and the Agamand ghosts, unaligned with the Forsaken, haunt their former home. Many animate skeletons can be found here as well. This is a great spot to test your mettle against undead before venturing into the Plaguelands.
- The town of New Agamand, the Forsaken outpost in the Howling Fjord in Northrend, is named after the Agamands and their mills.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): A path was carved into the mountain leading from Garren's Haunt to make traveling easier while in the north.