Shaman of the Earthen Ring,|
|Race||Mag'har orc (Humanoid)|
|Affiliation(s)||Earthen Ring, The Mag'har, Horde, Orgrimmar, Frostwolf clan|
|Occupation||Shaman of the Earthen Ring and the Mag'har|
Sarrak (maternal grandmother)|
|Companion(s)||Wen'lor (talbuk mount)|
Aggralan, more commonly known as Aggra (pronounced "AW-gruh), is a Mag'har orc shaman from Garadar in Nagrand. She was charged with training Thrall in the traditional shamanic arts and, despite initial disagreements, the two quickly bonded and began a romantic relationship, eventually becoming life-mates.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Locations
- 3 Quests
- 4 Quotes
- 5 Notes and trivia
- 6 Speculation
- 7 Gallery
- 8 Patch changes
- 9 References
- 10 External links
The Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm
Shortly before the Cataclysm, Thrall journeyed to Garadar to discover why the elements of Azeroth were so afraid. When he arrived, Greatmother Geyah advised him to turn to the Mag'har Aggra, who told him that he had toed the line between being a leader and a shaman long enough and that he would have to give up his leadership to truly become a shaman. Aggra was Thrall's guide during a vision quest. Despite their rough beginnings, Thrall and Aggra grew closer to one another as he became truly connected with the spirits and became a proper shaman. Before returning to Azeroth Thrall and Aggra became mates.
When Thrall and Aggra returned to Azeroth, they participated in the funeral of Cairne Bloodhoof. The next day, she noticed that Thrall no longer wore the armor of Doomhammer, and she was satisfied. Both left Thunder Bluff and Mulgore and went to the goblin port town Ratchet where Gazlowe welcomed them and prepared a ship to the Maelstrom. The ship was called Draka's Fury in honor of all orcish women. Aggra was emotional and together with Thrall and a crew boarded the ship and left Kalimdor to the Maelstrom. However, their journey would not be smooth as they had intended.
While en route to the Maelstrom Draka's Fury was attacked by Alliance forces and Thrall referred to as their "precious cargo" was lost. While Aggra commanded the shipwrecked crew of Draka's Fury on the Lost Isles she gained unexpected allies to the fight against Alliance. The Goblins of the Bilgewater Cartel, who were also attacked by the Alliance, and the Horde aided one in another in combating the denizens of the Isles and the Alliance forces who had captured Thrall. After all, Thrall was freed and the Goblin's joining the Horde, Aggra and Thrall successfully made it to the Maelstrom. She later appears at the Maelstrom (affiliated with the Earthen Ring) and sends adventurers into Deepholm.
During the battle with Deathwing in the nightmare caused by Iso'rath, Aggra tries to fight with Deathwing, though the Aspect ultimately kills her.
Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects
When Thrall found himself unable to completely focus on healing the Maelstrom, Aggra tried to get him to touch with the Spirit of Life. When Thrall was asked by the green dragonflight for aid, Aggra encouraged him to go, even though felt that he belonged at the Maelstrom. While not physically with him, there thought of Aggra was enough to encourage Thrall to never give up during his quest. When Thrall returned to Maelstrom he told Aggra everything that had occurred and was prepared to rescue Azeroth with her as Go'el.
Rage of the Firelands
At the Maelstrom, Thrall strains himself attempting to commune with the elements. Able to feel how broken the world is, and with the elements remaining silent for him, Thrall tells Aggra that he will have to work without limits to fulfill this task and she leaves him.
After the Guardians of Hyjal and adventurers thwart the invasion of Mount Hyjal by the Twilight's Hammer and Ragnaros, a meeting was convened at the ancient World Tree of Nordrassil. Thrall and Aggra were among the gathered heroes at the meeting that ended in tragedy when an incredibly powerful agent of the Twilight Hammer interrupted the ceremony and struck down Thrall with dark magic, casting his spirit into the four domains of the Elemental Plane. While the Aspects conceded that Thrall may be lost to the elements forever, Aggra believed that her mate could be saved, and called on the aid of adventurers of both the Horde and the Alliance to venture into the Skywall, the Abyssal Maw, Deepholm, and Firelands to rescue her beloved from an eternity of torment. Before adventurers can return Thrall's spirit to the natural world, they must help him overcome his doubts, his willfulness, his desires, and his rage before he is bound to his elemental cage.
Thanks to the efforts of Aggra and adventurers, Thrall is restored. Soon afterward, she and Thrall marry with notable figures in attendance.
Fall of the Destroyer
When the Dragon Aspects were planning how to defeat the Destroyer, Thrall was spiritually tortured by Deathwing. Aggra found his body and stayed by his side until he was freed.
Tides of War
Aggra learned about the fall of Theramore and understood Thrall's pain. When Thrall received a vision of an unknown figure going to use enslaved water elements to destroy Orgrimmar Aggra wished to accompany him. Though she was convinced that since Thrall received the vision alone, then he must go alone. While resigned to this, she understood and wished him luck.
At some point, she and Thrall journeyed to The Den in Durotar and while caring for the infant Durak, Thrall was approached by Horde heroes. After learning that Vol'jin was hurt and that the Darkspear may be trouble, Thrall left to help the trolls on the Echo Isles. Aggra wished him good luck as she cared for their son.
Aggra and Durak accompanied Go'el to the trial of Garrosh Hellscream. She was said to be pregnant again. She was wary of Tyrande's first witness being Velen and grew outraged when she prevented Velen from speaking his heart. When the Dragonmaw attacked to ensure Hellscream's freedom, a group of their pirate allies attacked her. In response, Aggra slew them effortlessly, while protecting her son. She then reunited with her mate and immediately went to heal the wounded Jaina Proudmoore.
Warlords of Draenor
While Thrall goes on an introspective journey after Garrosh's death, Aggra stays at the Heart of Azeroth with Thrall's wolf Snowsong and Snowsong's pup, Snowfang, and serving the new Farseer of the Earthen Ring.
Battle for Azeroth
Aggra returned to Nagrand with Thrall and her children, living in a hut near Oshu'gun. Aggra and her children remained there when Thrall returned to Orgrimmar and became a member of the Horde Council. While teaching her children to weave, she made a red cloak, which Thrall took to Orgrimmar.
Though her family had a happy life in Nagrand, she understood the need to return for the sake of the Horde and Varok Saurfang. However, in time Sylvanas's forces took them by surprise and despite fighting fiercely it was not enough, and Thrall was taken. Soon after Aggra joined the Horde Council in convening atop of Grommash Hold following return of the Scourge and learned that Baine Bloodhoof, Jaina Proudmoore and Anduin Wrynn had been abducted as well and how Tyrande Whisperwind had neutralized her attackers. Knowing that Thrall would want her to remain behind and safeguard their children, she encouraged Horde champions with finding and bringing them home.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|Valley of Trials||90||78,788,200|
|Nagrand (alternate universe)||100||19,570,800|
|Dalaran||98 - 110||6,730,461|
The Lost Isles
Heart of Azeroth
Wrath of the Lich King
- Speak your mind.
- Go with honor.
- May the spirits watch over you.
- Main article: Deepholm, Realm of Earth#Notes
- Main article: Rage of the Firelands trailer#Transcript
- Main article: The Nordrassil Summit#Notes
- Main article: Elemental Bonds: Doubt#Notes
- Main article: Into Coaxing Tides#Notes
- Main article: Elemental Bonds: Desire#Notes
- Main article: Into Constant Earth#Notes
- Main article: Elemental Bonds: Patience#Notes
- Main article: Into Unrelenting Flame#Notes
- Main article: Elemental Bonds: Fury#Notes
- Main article: Elemental Bonds: The Vow#Notes
Warlords of Draenor
- Go'el thinks that I should have stayed back on Azeroth with our children. I have put him in his place on that matter.
- My Go'el and I have been through much together. Now is not the time for us to be apart.
- To be back in Nagrand after all of this time. It's a bit overwhelming for us both.
- I just wish for us to both get back to our little ones once this is all over.
- Main article: Target of Opportunity: Telaar#Notes
- Main article: And Justice for Thrall (Horde)#Progress
- Main article: Death Rising#Horde
Notes and trivia
- In Tides of War, Thrall tells Jaina Proudmoore that Aggra was born and raised on Draenor. However, describes her as having been "born of a shattered world", implying that she wasn't born until after Draenor became Outland.
- She has praised the Earth Mother on at least two occasions.
- In The Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm, Aggra is described as having originally had long hair before later shaving it and adopting a ponytail.
- Thrall and Aggra briefly appear in , a story told by Lorewalker Cho.
- Aggra is voiced by Athena Karkanis.
- Aggra was originally planned to stay behind on Azeroth during Warlords of Draenor, with Chris Metzen stating at BlizzCon 2013 that "the honeymoon is over, it's more of a boy's trip". However, she was later added to the alternate Nagrand alongside Thrall. Her dialogue in Wor'var appears to be a reference to this.
The description in implies that Aggra was born after Draenor's transformation into Outland. If so, this means that she is currently in her mid-twenties or younger. She would have been approximately 20 or less when she first met Thrall in The Shattering.
Aggra on the Lost Isles.
- Fan art
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Part of the quest in Hyjal and in quest-line "Elemental Bonds".
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added at the Lost Isles and at the Maelstrom.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Located at the Throne of Elements in Nagrand. (removed)
- ^ a b c Ultimate Visual Guide, pg. 120
- ^ The Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm, pg. 314
- ^ Goblin starting experience
- ^ Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects
- ^ The Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm, chapter 31
- ^ BlizzCon 2017, World of Warcraft | What's New
- ^ The Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm
- ^ BlizzCon 2010
- ^ Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects
- ^ Patch 4.2 Preview: Elemental Bonds
- ^ Charge of the Aspects
- ^ Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War
- ^ War Crimes
- ^ Safe Haven cinematic
- ^ Shadows Rising
- ^ Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War, chapter 3
- ^ : "May the Earth Mother watch over you."
- ^ : "Earth Mother willing, you and the shadow hunters will expel the Warsong from Telaar."
- ^ BlizzCon 2013 - Lore Panel - The Adventure Continues - Warlords of Draenor (Full) (47:32) (2013-11-10). Retrieved on 2017-07-05.