Ahead of the Game
100 - 110 (Requires 98)
The watcher Yotnar keeps the vault, and he is a fickle one. Challengers come from far and wide seeking the trials, but the watcher chooses not to see.
If you wish to catch his eye, show him you are worth being seen.
Some of these challengers await in camps throughout the Valley of the sword. Bring their heads to Yotnar, so that he may see them, and you.
An ironic gift you bring me, challenger.
It is a shame to see the first worthy challenger for the Aegis treating the trials with such disrespect. Such hubris cannot win the Aegis, for the gods will surely strike him down for his arrogance.
You, however, seem different. You have shown that you are a worthy challenger.
I will allow you to begin the trials.
- 15,050 XP (at level 100)
When getting close to the Vault, God-King Skovald appears out of the Vault, holding Yotnar's head.
- God-King Skovald says: Your ancient rites and rituals mean nothing to me, Yotnar!
- God-King Skovald says: I will conquer your trials and take the Aegis for my own!
- God-King Skovald says: Cower here in your cave, while it still stands
Skovald throws Yotnar's head on the ground, then escapes through a demonic portal.
- Yotnar says: The gods will not tolerate your actions, vrykul! You will answer for your heresy!
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.