Ahn'Qiraj: The Fallen Kingdom
- This article is about the in-game zone. For lore and history of Ahn'Qiraj, see Ahn'Qiraj.
Battle Pet Level: 16 - 17
Southwestern Southern Kalimdor
Once the mighty kingdom of Ahn'Qiraj, this zone includes the majority of the Ahn'Qiraj lobby, all of the Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj, and the above-ground area of the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj. In addition, there is an area in the corner south and west of Ossirian and Ayamiss, respectively, that has some towers, broken walls, and an inert obsidian statue (like at the entrance to the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj) that is included in the zone's map area.
There is an invisible wall just past Skeram's room preventing entry to the Temple itself. The zone is only a remnant of its former self, with no NPCs or interactive objects. Silithus continues past the Scarab Wall about halfway to the meeting stone.
- Main article: Ahn'Qiraj
Ahn'Qiraj is the city-kingdom of the Qiraji found in the southern part of Silithus. It was originally a titan research station led by the Tol'vir which housed the old god C'Thun before being commandeered by the Aqir, who would become the Qiraji led by the Twin Emperors: Vek'nilash and Vek'lor. Following the War of the Shifting Sands, the kingdom was contained from the rest of the world by the Scarab Wall, until it was opened again recently. After the Ahn'Qiraj War the ogre mage Cho'gall took shelter inside Ahn'Qiraj to sacrifice Med'an and use Med'an's potent magical power to resurrect C'Thun. However, Med'an defeated Cho'gall, burying him beneath the rubble of Ahn'Qiraj. During the Elemental Unrest, it was revealed that some Qiraji still reside in Ahn'Qiraj and some worship Cho'gall.
This huge area, littered with ruins, lies in the southwestern tip of Kalimdor.
Standing on the main Temple of Ahn'Qiraj building will cause the zone to display as "Ahn Qiraj."
Maps and subregions
|Dungeon Name||Level Range||Group Size|
|Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj||60+||10-man|
|Temple of Ahn'Qiraj||60+||40-man|
Regions adjacent to Ahn'Qiraj: The Fallen Kingdom
|Zone Name||Faction||Level Range||Direction||Access|
- Main article: Ahn'Qiraj: The Fallen Kingdom NPCs
- Main article: Ahn'Qiraj: The Fallen Kingdom quests
There are currently three quest givers found right outside the Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj.
Notes and trivia
- There is nothing here in-game at present, though it is possible something will be added in the future.
- There is a massive cave on the shore at the very southern edge of the zone, accessible only by flying mount or swimming. Andrestrasz can be found in the cave.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.3.5 (2018-01-16): Level scaling implemented.
- Hotfix (2010-12-08): "Players are again provided a spectral flying mount while in spirit form if killed in Ahn'Qiraj: The Fallen Temple. [sic]"
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.