Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
- One shot. One kill.
Aimed Shot is a level 12 Marksmanship hunter ability. It is an casted shot that deals a significant amount of damage. When fully improved, Aimed Shot has a greatly increased critical chance against high health targets, and has a chance to be made instant and free.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.2.5 (2017-06-13):
- Aimed Shot "first attack" bonus is now 50% (was 100%).
- Aimed Shot damaged increased 55%.
- Hotfix (2017-02-21): "Aimed Shot now deals an additional 5% damage in PvP situations."
- Patch 7.1.5 (2017-01-10):
- Now damages for 275% of weapon damage (was 204%).
- Now deals 100% increased damage against targets you have not yet attacked.
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25): Now learned at level 12 (was 10).
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Now deals 215% of weapon damage (down from 500%), cast time reduced to 2 seconds.
- Patch 6.2.0 (2015-06-23): Now deals 15% more damage.
- Hotfix (2014-10-17): "Damage increased by 15%."
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): No longer interrupts Auto Attacks, and can be cast while moving.
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Now deals 450% ranged weapon damage (up from 350%).
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Aimed Shot now deals 10% more damage and cast time has been reduced to 2.5 seconds (was 2.9 seconds).
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Aimed Shot should no longer start casting Auto Shot on a new target when the "Stop Auto Attack" option is enabled.
- Hotfix (2011-02-22): "Aimed Shot damage has been decreased to approximately 160% weapon damage (at level 80+), down from 200%."
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Weapon damage increased to 200%.
- Hotfix (2010-11-29): The free Aimed Shot from Master Marksman was dealing too little damage. It now deals the same or a little bit more damage than the base Aimed Shot.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): changed to a specialization ability, cast time increased to 3.5 seconds, cooldown removed.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Mana cost has been reduced from 11% of base mana to 8%, casting time reduced from 2.5 sec to instant. Cooldown increased from 6 seconds to 10 seconds and damage reduced.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Added reduction of healing done to that target by 50% and cast time was reduced to 3 sec from 3.5 sec. The reduced healing effect does not stack with Warriors' or with Rogues' .
- Patch 2.0.6 (2007-01-23): is now reset when casting Aimed Shot.
- Patch 1.10.0 (2006-03-28): This ability now has its attack power normalized the same as melee instant attacks. This means that the attack power contribution from all ranged weapons will be the same, no matter what their speed. All weapons will contribute attack power as if they were 2.8 speed. Weapons slower than 2.8 speed will do slightly less damage than previously; weapons faster than 2.8 speed will do slightly more damage.
- Patch 1.7.0 (2005-09-22):
- Fixed tooltip to correctly display shot time.
- Fixed bug where Aimed Shot wouldn't cancel properly when the target moves out of range.
- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07): Special ability shots no longer add the ranged weapon speed or take into account ranged weapon haste when determining the actual cooldown. The tooltip and cooldown timers should now properly reflect the actual cooldown.