|Location||Temple of Akunda and Forgotten Hollow, Vol'dun|
Akunda, the thunder lizard, is the loa of storms and new beginnings. He believes that the storm has the power to wash away regret and sorrow. Through a sacred ritual, Akunda enters the minds of those who come to his temple in Vol'dun seeking refuge and removes the memories that cause them pain. His followers then all rename themselves Akunda and start a new life at the temple. His followers do good works to show the loa they are worthy of his blessing.
This section concerns content exclusive to Battle for Azeroth.
Akunda was poisoned by his follower Akunda the Exalted, who took the loa's own memories from him. Using Akunda's power, Akunda the Exalted wiped the trolls at the temple of not only their painful memories, but all of their memories. After Meijani and an adventurer from the Horde discovered this, they used Akunda's powers of the storm to slay Akunda the Exalted. With Akunda the Exalted defeated, Akunda restored the memories of his followers. Afterward, Akunda offers his gift to the adventurer, allowing them to call upon the Boon of Akunda whenever they commune at an Altar of Akunda.
- Main article: Quest:Cleanse the Mind#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Repairing the Past#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Ending the Madness#Notes
- All are welcome here.
- I am the storm.
- What brings you here?
- Clarity comes after the storm.
- Do not fear the storm.
- Let the storm guide you.
- The storm is calling.
- <The body of the loa has been incapacitated by magical bonds.>
- Gossip after completing
- Welcome to my temple, Akunda the <Courageous/Nimble/Serene>. Thanks to your brave deeds, you will always be received with hospitality here.
Notes & trivia
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Added.