Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Lead World Designer
Alex was once leader of a famous Everquest guild named Fires of Heaven (now a World of Warcraft guild). His first character in EQ, Kalaran, a rogue, was the first level 50 in EQ. Alex is supposedly still an avid player and guild leader in World of Warcraft.
As Fires of Heaven were well known for achieving many "world first" accomplishments in Everquest, the guild was asked upon the release of World of Warcraft to not be the first to kill Onyxia. Blizzard felt too many people would think they had inside knowledge if they continued this achievement trend in WoW. It stands to reason this 'suggestion' is still in effect, as they have tended to wait before tackling new content too quickly. Though they progress quickly once they have started.
As a consequence of his fame, Alex has been forced to play incognito.
- World of Warcraft (2004) - Quest Designer
- World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade (2007) - Lead Quest Designer
- World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King (2008) - Lead World Designer
- World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor (2014) - Creative Director
- World of Warcraft: Legion (2016) - Creative Director
Notes and trivia
- Afrasiabi is Iranian-American.
- There are many references to Afrasiabi, Furor and his character Kariel in Warcraft. "Tigule" is a reference to Jeffrey Kaplan, also known as Tigole. Afrasiabi and Kaplan were members of the guild Fires of Heaven, in both World of Warcraft and EverQuest, explaining the many references to "Tigule and Foror".