- This article is about the staff. For the arcane entity of the same name trapped in the staff, see Aluneth (entity). For the item from Legion beta, see [Aluneth].
- Not to be confused with Alumeth.
Aluneth, Greatstaff of the Magna, is the artifact used by arcane mages in World of Warcraft: Legion.
Aluneth was most notably wielded for a time by Aegwynn, the only female Guardian of Tirisfal, although stories indicate that it is far older than she. She is said to have found the staff roughly a century after she took up the mantle of Guardian, and to have wielded Aluneth in many battles against the Burning Legion. Several years before relinquishing her title, she retired the staff, but none know where she might have stored it.
This item is a quest reward from [98 - 110] The Nexus Vault.
Hidden trait: [Overcharge]
Achievement: [Fighting with Style: Classic]
Upgraded: Guardian Spire
Achievement: [Fighting with Style: Upgraded]
Valorous: Magna Unleashed
Achievement: [Fighting with Style: Valorous]
War-torn: Aegwynn's Fall
Achievement: [Fighting with Style: War-torn]/ [Fighting with Style: War-torn]
Challenging: Eternal Magus
Achievement: [Fighting with Style: Challenging]
|Complete the God-Queen Challenge questline
||Defeat Heroic Kiljaeden after unlocking a Challenge artifact appearance
||Win 10 rated battlegrounds after unlocking a Challenge artifact appearance
||Defeat all Legion dungeon bosses after unlocking a challenge artifact appearance
Hidden: Woolomancer's Charge
Achievement: [Fighting with Style: Hidden]
|Acquire [The Woolomancer's Charge]
||Complete 30 Legion dungeons after unlocking a Hidden artifact appearance
||Complete 200 World Quests after unlocking a Hidden artifact appearance
||Kill 1,000 enemy players after unlocking a Hidden artifact appearance
- Main article: The Nexus Vault (mage)#Notes
When equipped, certain zones, characters and events can cause Aluneth to say or whispers things to the players, similarly to the [Skull of the Man'ari].
Killing a target
- Excellent, child! You crave power as much as I.
- Together, we will do great things!
- Together we can remake this world.
- We work well together.
- There is energy here.
- There are others. Find them. Destroy them.
- None can hide from our wrath!
- Our magic conceals us from prying eyes. ( [Greater Invisibility])
- We all have our secrets, don't we? ( [Greater Invisibility])
- Are you afraid to fight? Interesting. ( [Greater Invisibility])
- Quite the tactician, are we? ( [Greater Invisibility])
- Your enemies are foolish to use such trifling magics against you. ( [Spellsteal])
- A very tactical move, my child. You are learning. ( [Spellsteal])
- This spell is ours now! ( [Spellsteal])
- Very good. Well done. ( [Spellsteal])
- You are learning, child. ( [Spellsteal])
- You waste precious energy poking holes in reality for these clumsy sword-swinging brutes. (creating portals)
- Bah. Let them walk. (creating portals)
- Have you ever considered opening portals to other worlds? Such power is within your grasp, child... (creating portals)
- Realm to realm we go, we reap and reap but do not sow. (creating portals)
- Your considerable talent is wasted on... pudding. ( [Conjure Refreshment])
- Your allies are too dependent on you. Let them starve. ( [Conjure Refreshment] or on [110WQ] Electrosnack)
- The very powers of the ancient titans are at your command, and you choose to create... tasty treats? ( [Conjure Refreshment])
- I find your constant need for sustenance bemusing. ( [Conjure Refreshment])
- Yes. Yes! (draining power sources)
- I will consume it! (draining power sources)
- So much power! (draining power sources)
- Yes... (draining power sources)
- This world is steeped in magic. You need only grasp it. (draining power sources)
- Such power... it courses through me. (draining power sources)
- They call you "hero". Why, child, do you concede to their every whim? (draining power sources)
- I drink... but I am never fulfilled... (draining power sources)
- They seek to control us, to check our power. Do not allow it. (draining power sources)
- More... find more... (draining power sources)
- More. I must have more. (draining power sources)
- Arcane energies knit this world together... do you feel it, child? (draining power sources)
- You are ambitious, child. Like the one before you. (draining power sources)
- Its energy sustains me. (draining power sources)
- Yes, child. Such... potential. (draining power sources)
- Fulfill your calling, child. Do not stop. (draining power sources)
- I'm... spent... (low on Mana)
- I need more mana, child! (low on Mana)
- We must recharge... (low on Mana)
- I must... recuperate my energies... (low on Mana)
- You spend your energies frivolously... (low on Mana)
- Mana... you need more mana... (low on Mana)
- My energy dwindles. (low on Mana)
- Is that everything you have? (low on Mana)
- Power... I must have... more power... (low on Mana)
- You must pace yourself, child! (low on Mana)
- You lack the mana to continue, child. (low on Mana)
- Your frail frame cannot maintain this pace. (low on Mana)
- She lives? No! I will never let her bind me again! (in the Cathedral of Eternal Night, when the Image of Aegwynn appears)
- Ah... merely a lingering echo of her power. Nothing to be concerned about, child. (Cathedral of Eternal Night, to Aegwynn)
- Even her echo prattles off endlessly! Do you see now what I had to deal with? (in the Tomb of Sargeras, when Aegwynn's echo appears)
- Weapons, built to destroy forces beyond reckoning. A pity that such power was not funneled into more productive pursuits. (at the Garothi Worldbreaker)
- The master of these machines conceals their true strength. Be on your guard. (at Kin'garoth)
- Stop them! The magic of the titans must not fall into the Legion's hands! (at the Coven of Shivarra)
- I never thought I'd have to slay a titan. This grieves me but we do what must be done. (at Argus the Unmaker)
- Lowly Dalaran. Where petty mortal politics preclude the acquisition of true power. (in Dalaran)
- Even in intensive study, a mortal mage acquires so little knowledge in a lifetime. It's a wonder they even bother. (Dalaran)
- The mages of this city see it as the arcane focus of this world. How little they know, child. (Dalaran)
- My dear child, you hold yourself back. The power is within your grasp to send the entire city tumbling into the sea. (Dalaran)
- The Kirin-Tor. Contemptable mortals groveling about for what meager scraps of power their tiny minds can comprehend. (Dalaran)
- Ah, Dalaran. The city of spires perches itself once more between you mortals and the end of your world. (Dalaran)
- It was magic that built this city, and magic that sustains it. Turn me loose, mage, and I will leech it dry... (Dalaran)
- For generations the mages of your world have trained in this city, like children playing with fire. (Dalaran)
- How small is this city compared to the glorious and splendor of Suramar. (Dalaran)
- Dalaran. The city that endures even after generations of its mortal inhabitants die off. (Dalaran)
- Despite the petty bickering of the mortals who leads it, this place is nonetheless a passable assembly of arcane knowledge. (Dalaran)
- In eons past, the titans used the language of the arcane to weave whole worlds into existence. The ability to move a city about is... insignificant. (Dalaran)
- Surely you see the futility of a counsel of mortals overseeing a arcane trove of this magnitude? (Dalaran)
- For generations the mortal mages of Dalaran have sought to bury their fears beneath these walls. They are so weak, child. (Dalaran)
- Your predecessor haunted these chambers for many years, child. Are you certain you want to dig up the past? (Dalaran)
- I applaud your pursuit of knowledge, child. Your predecessor tried to wall in the darkness, but you, you are not afraid. (Dalaran)
- This place is infused with the power of the arcane. Can you feel it? So much power. (in the Arcway)
- The glories of an ancient empire remain. There is power here, child. You mean only seize it. (Arcway)
- This city was built upon a matrix of mighty arcane energies. Ah, yes. Power not for us both. (Arcway)
- A splendid empire, ensorcelled by magic for thousands of years. Let us shatter these halls and drink from the ruins. (Arcway)
- The sea queen once forged an empire with magic. She has since turned to... a more shadowy benefactor. (in the Eye of Azshara)
- Queen Azshara. Do not underestimate her grasp of the arcane, or the devotion of her minions. (Eye of Azshara)
- The naga wield magics, yes, but without finesse. There was a time Azshara's people had the potential to rival the titans. (Eye of Azshara)
- The naga are trying to reclaim past glory amidst these ruins. They grovel for scraps. Show them what real power looks like. (Eye of Azshara)
- The dragonflights once reigned over this world in the titans' stead. See how these creatures pick at the carcass of their greatness. (in Neltharion's Lair)
- Neltharion withheld many secrets from the other dragonflights. Some of them maybe of interest to us, child. (Neltharion's Lair)
- The titans imbued the great dragonflights with considerable power. The black dragonflight has been decimated. We should claim what power remains. (Neltharion's Lair)
- The filth that occupy this place are an insult for the glory of a once proud dragonflight. (Neltharion's Lair)
- Bah! I am every bit as mighty as the Tidestone, or any of these other musty relics! (in the Tomb, after placing the Tidestone of Golganneth)
- A dream of perfect beauty. Ridiculous! This world knows only pain, child. (in the Tomb, after placing the Tears of Elune)
- Do not trust her ramblings. I am the only true power here. (in the Tomb, after placing all the Pillars of Creation)
- You are better off without her. (going into the lower level of the Tomb)
- There is power here... power beyond comprehension! (at the Burning Throne)
Notes and trivia
Aluneth appears as a legendary weapon for the mage class in the Kobolds & Catacombs expansion for Hearthstone. Its flavor text reads: "PHENOMENAL ARCANE POWER…itty bitty living space."
Concept art of the Woolomancer's Charge appearance.