Ambush is a level 14 Outlaw rogue ability. It is a powerful instant attack performed while Stealthed.
Tips and tactics
- Very effective in taking out cloth-wearing targets quickly.
- Ambush is arguably preferable over in PvP as an opener against mages, as a mage's ability is usable while under a stun effect.
- A critical hit with an Ambush followed by an Improved Sinister Strike (or a well-timed ) can put an enemy at a severe health disadvantage from the beginning of the fight, in addition to starting you off with 2-3 Combo Points.
- A quickly-executed "Ambush -> Vanish -> Ambush" combo attack can inflict severe damage on any single target.
- Patch 7.2.5 (2017-06-13): Ambush damage increased by 33%.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Now available only to Outlaw. Base damage increased by 43% (no longer increased if wielding a dagger).
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14):
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Damage has been increased by 12%.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Weapon damage increased from 190% to 325%.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Available at level 8. No longer requires a dagger, but a dagger gives more Ambush damage than an other melee weapon.
- Patch 1.8.0 (2005-10-10): Now uses normalized attack power.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05):
- Fixed a bug where combo points were not always being applied to the target when using Ambush.
- Ambush now properly increases the attack power contribution by the percent modifier.
- Patch 0.7 (2004-06-15): Damage increased.