An Eye for a Scepter
98 - 110 (Requires 98)
- 1 Objectives
- 2 Description
- 3 Rewards
- 4 Completion
- 5 Gains
- 6 Notes
- 6.1 Stage 1: Where Are They?
- 6.2 Stage 2: The Other Players
- 6.3 Stage 3: The Third One
- 6.4 Stage 4: An Unfortunate Accident
- 6.5 Stage 5: Back to Searching
- 6.6 Stage 6: A Secret Meeting
- 6.7 Stage 7: Back to the Manifest
- 6.8 Stage 8: The Final Wing
- 6.9 Stage 9: Baradin Hold
- 6.10 Final Stage: The Eye of the Beast
- 7 Progression
- 8 Patch changes
- 9 External links
- Take the Portal to Tol Barad
- Find the Eye of Dalaran
- Return to Calydus in Dalaran
Sounds simple? Make nice with Shadow Council friend must... for now. Help with ritual enough to gain trust, then turn tables!
Council made portal device to Tol Barad here. Go, help Shadow Council find Eye of Dalaran, earn spot in big ritual! Then steal Scepter!
Calydus will try to keep eye on friend when possible.
Yes, yes! Found the Eye! Helped Shadow Council! Now you go to ritual. Scepter will be there.
Tricky it will be friend, but Calydus have great faith in you!
- 22,600 XP
Enter the portal to begin the Tol Barad scenario.
Stage 1: Where Are They?
- Find the Shadow Council group.
Make your way to D-Block, fighting any demons you might find.
Stage 2: The Other Players
- Allaris Narassin yells: Insolent orc! You should have awaited my arrival!
- Nagaz yells: I had things well in hand. Those fools were weak! We are better off without them!
- Allaris Narassin says: Ah, reinforcements at last. You have the Book of Medivh? I expected Jergosh, but you will do. Still, your timing could have been better.
- Nagaz says: Jergosh and the others didn't make it? How... convenient.
- Allaris Narassin says: It matters not. Gul'dan knows the Eye is here, but Tol Barad is huge and overrun. I believe an important document, a manifest of prisoners, is located in this block.
- Allaris Narassin says: In his infinite wisdom, Nagaz here sent his only remaining disciple to scout below. I suggest you find out what happened to him while we search elsewhere.
Stage 3: The Third One
- Find Tyranis in D-Block
- Nagaz says: Hmmph... I saw Tyranis go off to the right before I was forced to retreat.
Go to the right and kill any demons along the way, arriving in a room where Tyranis is holding on to dear life to a chain, to avoid being sucked into a void hole.
- Tyranis Malem says: You there! Aid me! But carefully, or it will pull you in, too!
Stage 4: An Unfortunate Accident
- Break Tyranis' chain or leave him
- Tyranis Malem says: You... aren't you some sort of hero? Why are you helping the Shadow Cou-- nevermind! Pull me out! I will vouch for you, I swear!
Upon breaking the chain:
- Tyranis Malem says: What are you... NOOOOoooo...
Stage 5: Back to Searching
- Continue searching the rest of the cell block.
Head back where you will be encountered by Nagaz.
- Nagaz says: Found Tyranis too late, did you? Pity...
- Nagaz says: Anyway, follow me! There's something over here I... need your help with.
Stage 6: A Secret Meeting
- Follow then kill Nagaz.
- Nagaz says: I'll have that book now... and you'll be having a little "accident"!
- Nagaz says: I should be... the one... at Gul'dan's side...
Stage 7: Back to the Manifest
- Continue searching D-Block.
Head out and to the right side, where Allaris is waiting.
- Allaris Narassin says: Came up empty? No Nagaz either, I see. Not to worry, we all know how the lower echelons of our group scramble for position. Enough nonsense. What we seek is here!
Stage 8: The Final Wing
- Find the prison manifest.
- Allaris Narassin says: There! The unquiet dead bar out path. Get that spirit out of my way, will you?
After killing Armond, Allaris walks up to the book and inspects it.
- Allaris Narassin says: Hmm... yes, I see. This entry clearly speaks of a void terror. It must have consumed the Eye in the Twisting Nether. Its purpose here is irrelevant. Quickly let us get to Baradin Hold!
Stage 9: Baradin Hold
- Enter Baradin Hold
Exit the D-Hold Ruins and head for Baradin Hold, to which the entrance is on the west side of the Tol Barad structure.
Final Stage: The Eye of the Beast
- Kill Occul'tharon and find the Eye of Dalaran.
- Allaris Narassin says: It is here the most dangerous prisoners were kept. Best not wander about. No telling what may lurk in the shadows...
- Allaris Narassin says: To think the Horde and Alliance once waged war to control this prison. As usual, their small-minded efforts were misguided and futile.
The player and Allaris eventually come face-to-face with the void terror Occul'tharon who has the Eye of Dalaran in its possession.
- Allaris Narassin says: In your brief life span, I'm sure you have never faced a void terror. Avoid its eye attacks and stay out of my way. I am not here to protect you!
The fight is pretty straight forward: keep a Voidwalker out and don't stand in the fire.
- Allaris Narassin says: The beast falls! I am victorious once again.
- Allaris Narassin says: I'll retrieve the Eye. No doubt your crude attempts at its removal would cause irreparable damage.
- Allaris Narassin says: I have the Eye, and you have the Book. Well, I'll let you keep it for now. Make haste to the Tomb of Sargeras. Do not keep Gul'dan waiting.
- Calydus yells: All done, friend? Good, good! Calydus open portal for you. Back to Dalaran, quick, quick!
Take the portal back to Dalaran where Calydus is waiting at Krasus' Landing.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.