An Inside Job
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 7.0.3.
100 (Requires 100)
Infiltrate Bladefury's Command with Garona's help. Use her talents to eliminate guards without being seen. Locate Iron Horde intelligence and then spy on Gul'dan.
- Infiltrate the Compound
- Locate Iron Horde Intel
- Spy on Gul'dan
If Garona's intelligence is correct, Gul'dan will be inside this Iron Horde compound. With Garona's help, slip inside, gather any info you find, and learn what Gul'dan intends to do.
The guards are on high alert. Garona can "liquidate" individual guards for you, but she must not be seen! You will have to choose your targets carefully and pick your way through the bastion undetected. Don't let anyone sound the alarm.
If things get too hot, I'll teleport you to safety. At least... I'll try.
- On accept
- Archmage Khadgar says: Stay close to Garona, and stay out of sight!
- Archmage Khadgar says: I will teleport you out of there if you get into trouble.
- 18840 XP
Don't give up. I know you can do this.
<Despite his words, Khadgar doesn't seem so sure.>
Well done, both of you!
Gul'dan is even more slippery than I imagined. He's been building up his power base behind the scenes, and now that we've weakened his foes, he's moved in to take control of what remains of the Iron Horde.
We need to plan our next move.
- On complete
- Archmage Khadgar says: Gul'dan has only grown in power since our last encounter. He must still have contact with the Burning Legion. Stopping him is more important than ever.
Players are "Sneaking with Garona", providing stealth cover. Stay out of sight! Players can also direct Garona to Assassinate the player's target using the Extra Action Button:
- Assassinate 30 yd range — Order Garona to quickly dispatch an enemy orc. Make sure nobody sees! Instant (6 sec cooldown)
- Archmage Khadgar yells: Are you crazy, launching yourself into the air like that! Why not just send Gul'dan a telegram? Better yet, march into the compound at the head of a Brewfest oompah band. This is a stealth mission, <name>! Stealth!
All mobs are on High Alert, and will raise the alarm in the form of a six-second interruptible cast. Interrupt the cast at all costs, using any means available, up to and including crowd control or a quick Assassination call. After dispatching the first mob, Garona has this to say:
- Garona Halforcen says: Discipline is lax. Your campaign against the Iron Horde is wearing them down.
Should any orc manage to raise an alarm, Khadgar will teleport Garona and the player back to him and reset the fort. That is: all mobs will respawn, so don't get caught.
- Garona Halforcen says: What was THAT?
- Archmage Khadgar says: You're safe. I've got you.
- Garona Halforcen says: Grrr! We were almost through.
- Archmage Khadgar says: That was close. You should be more careful.
- Garona Halforcen says: Bah! We can do better.
- Archmage Khadgar says: Whoa, now! I nearly didn't get you out in time.
Skirt around the central pit where a blademaster and skirmisher are facing off and enter the only still-standing draenei building atnorth of the pit. Inside is a Grom'kar Field Marshall. Take him out and loot the Iron Horde Missives on the table in front of him:
- Garona Halforcen says: Jackpot! Iron Horde plans and papers...
- Garona Halforcen says: Grommash ordered a full retreat behind the walls of Tanaan.
- Garona Halforcen says: Interesting. The Bleeding Hollow clan are showing signs of insubordination. Perhaps the Iron Horde is falling apart?
Exit the building and keep heading up the hill, to where Azuka Bladefury made her last stand. There, Gul'dan is standing in the center of the area, attempting to have a meeting with Grommash Hellscream. Kilrogg appears to have other plans:
- Kilrogg Deadeye says: The Warchief does not want to see you.
- Gul'dan says: He doesn't have a choice.
- Kilrogg laughs.
- Kilrogg Deadeye says: Come, Warlock. Show us what you've got.
Hide behind the Convenient Hiding Spot at, a large pile of crates and barrels. Interact with the pile and a cutscene plays:
- Grommash exits the building and approaches Gul'dan.
- Grommash Hellscream: How dare you show your face here, Warlock.
- Gul'dan: You promised conquest, Grommash... yet brought these clans to ruin. Your men had died for nothing!
- Grommash Hellscream: My soldiers died with honor!
- Gul'dan laughs and pulls out Gorehowl.
- Gul'dan: Did they? And what about... your son?
- Gul'dan slides Gorehowl to Grommash, who picks it up.
- Grommash Hellscream: Garrosh... my... son?
- Gul'dan: You have lost everything. There is only one choice. Drink, and fulfill your destiny.
- Grommash Hellscream: Your poison... would damn us all!
- Grommash charges at Gul'dan. Gul'dan casts a spell that pins Grommash to the building.
- Gul'dan: Your iron will is legend. I will enjoy breaking you.
- Gul'dan holds up the cup of demon blood.
- Gul'dan: Who will be the first to accept this gift? Power such as mine for any willing to serve.
- Kilrogg glances at Grommash. His expression hardening, he then approaches Gul'dan.
- Grommash Hellscream: Kilrogg...
- Gul'dan: You have seen your fate. You know what must be done.
- Kilrogg swipes the cup from Gul'dan's hands and turns around to face Grommash.
- Grommash Hellscream: Kilrogg!
- Kilrogg drinks from the cup. Within seconds, Kilrogg gags. The cup falls from his hands as he falls on all fours, coughing and groaning from the corruption taking hold. Gul'dan watches eagerly, his plan finally being set into motion.
- Gul'dan: Yes... I will build a new Horde. I will forge you into an unstoppable weapon.
- Kilrogg's skin begins to turn black. Fel spikes begin erupting from his flesh, and his groans turn to bloodthirsty growls.
- Gul'dan: You will be the scourge of a hundred worlds. The might of a legion.
- Kilrogg stands up his one eye now a bright green. He roars from the rush of this surge of power.
- Complete all of:
- Complete both:
- Complete all of:
- Complete both:
- Complete all of:
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Removed.
- Hotfix (2015-04-28): "An Inside Job: Reduced the number of guards present and amount for health on all guards in the quest area."
- Patch 6.1.0 (2015-02-24): Added.