As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 6.0.2.
Ancestral Awakening is a passive specialization ability for Restoration shamans, available at level 34. It causes your , , and spells to heal a second target when they have critical effect.
The second target will be healed for up to 30% of the total healing done to the first target, including the 200% critical effect multiplier. Ancestral Awakening currently benefits from Purification in a rather peculiar way: the 25% bonus is applied to the healing done by the spirit. Since the 25% bonus was already included in the heal that triggered Ancestral Awakening, this means that the talent effectively gains the bonus from Purification twice, healing for 12.5/25/37.5% of the original heal. In practice, this means that your critical heals will heal for 275% of a non-critical heal, distributed across two targets.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Removed.
- Hotfix (2013-07-19): "Ancestral Awakening should now properly interact with . Previously, Battle Fatigue was being incorrectly applied a second time while healing nearby party or raid members."
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Moved from tier 9 to tier 5. Now only mentions single-target direct heal spells.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): This talent now accounts for your ineffective healing, rather than effective.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.