Ancient Protector (Warcraft III)
- For other uses, see Ancient Protector (disambiguation).
|Hit point regeneration||Night|
|Hit point regeneration rate||0.50 HP/sec.|
|Build time||60 sec.|
49.5 avg (Rooted)
Full Damage Area: 2.5
1/20 Damage Area: 12.5
|Can attack||Air, Ground, Structure|
|Secondary attack||29.5 avg (Uprooted)|
|Can attack||Ground, Structure|
|Armor Type||Fortified (Heavy*)|
|Movement Speed||40 (80*)|
Spells and abilities
- Consume a tree to restore 500 hit points over 30 seconds.
|30 sec.||Heals 500 hit points.|
- Allows the Ancient to pull itself up out of the ground so that it can move and engage units in melee combat.
- Also gives the Ancient Heavy armor.
|2.50 sec.||Can move, switches to attack 2, gets Heavy armor.|
- Burrows the Ancient's roots into the ground, rendering it immobile, but allowing it to hurl enormous rocks through the air to damage enemy units.
- Also gives the Ancient Fortified armor.
|2.50 sec.||Can't move, switches to attack 1, gets Fortified armor.|
- Nature's Blessing
- Upgrades all Ancients' and Treants' movement speed and armor.
|Research Cost||Researched At||Requirements||Upgrade Time|
|150 200||Tree of Life||Tree of Ages||60 sec.|
|Patch 1.17 (09/20/2004)|
|Patch 1.13 (12/17/2003)|
- Patch 1.10 (2003-07-03): Ancients now attack while rooted.
- Patch 1.06 (2003-06-03): Ancients temporarily lose their fortified armor when they uproot, becoming medium armor units.
- Patch 1.04 (2002-11-04):
- Ancient Protector cost reduced to 160/80 from 240/100.
- Ancient Protector hit points increased to 600 from 550.
- Ancient Protector armor decreased to 1 from 2.
- Ancient Protector minimum range reduced to 0 from 200.
- Ancient Protector ranged attack damage reduced to 1d10+44 from 1d13+51.
- Ancient Protector damage type changed to pierce from siege.
- Ancient Protector splash damage reduced.
- Patch 1.01 (2002-07-05):
- Rooted damage increased to 52-64 (58 avg) from 43-65.
- Nature's Blessing upgrade is now first available at Tree of Ages instead of Tree of Eternity.