|The subject of this article or section did not make it out of the beta stages of World of Warcraft or its expansions.
An ancient glyph was a new type of glyph introduced with the World of Warcraft: Cataclysm expansion as part of the Paths of the Titans character progression system. However, it was later canceled. These glyphs were rewards from archaeology and 4 to 5 slots to be available for level 85 characters at the launch of the expansion.
- Current details
- "Ancient Glyphs" give you bonuses like:
- They are NOT inscription glyphs and are totally different.
- Glyph setups are tied to your talent specialization like current glyphs and can be respecced.
- After hitting level 85 cap you will earn points to buy more glyphs.
- You will eventually get all your ancient glyphs, but hardcore players will get them faster.
- There will be a weekly limit to how fast you can get them.