Gamepedia was upgraded to MediaWiki version 1.31 on Wednesday November 14th. To learn more about the upgrade and its effects click here.
Ancient of Lore (Warcraft III)
Ancient of Lore
|Hit point regeneration||Night|
|Hit point regeneration rate||0.50 HP/sec.|
|Build time||70 sec.|
|Requires||Tree of Ages, Hunter's Hall|
|Normal attack:||45.5 avg|
|Can attack:||Ground, Structure|
|Armor Type||Fortified (Heavy*)|
|Movement Speed||40 (80*)|
|Dryad||Druid of the Claw||Mountain Giant|
|Abolish Magic||Mark of the Claw||Druid of the Claw Training||Hardened Skin||Resistant Skin|
Spells and abilities
- Consume a tree to restore 500 hit points over 30 seconds.
|30 sec.||Heals 500 hit points.|
- Allows the Ancient to pull itself up out of the ground so that it can move.
- Also gives the Ancient Heavy armor.
|2.50 sec.||Can move, gets Heavy armor.|
- Burrows the Ancient's roots into the ground, rendering it immobile, but allowing it to build units.
- Also gives the Ancient Fortified armor.
|2.50 sec.||Can't move, gets Fortified armor.|
- Nature's Blessing
- Upgrades all Ancients' and Treants' movement speed and armor.
|Research Cost||Researched At||Requirements||Upgrade Time|
|150 200||Tree of Life||Tree of Ages||60 sec.|
|Patch 1.13 (12/17/2003)|
- Patch 1.10 (2003-07-03): Ancients now attack while rooted.
- Patch 1.06 (2003-06-03): Ancients temporarily lose their fortified armor when they uproot, becoming medium armor units.
- Patch 1.01 (2002-07-05):
- Hit points increased to 1700 from 1400.
- Nature's Blessing upgrade is now first available at Tree of Ages instead of Tree of Eternity.