- For lore, see Ancient of Wind.
Ancients of Wind, or Ancients of the wind, are able to tap into the more feral side of nature. The ancient of the wind allows contact with the stoic Druids of the Talon. This site also provides a location for the taming of the mighty hippogryphs.
||Mark of the Talon
||Druid of the Talon Training
Spells and abilities
- Consume a tree to restore 500 hit points over 30 seconds.
||Heals 500 hit points.
- Allows the Ancient to pull itself up out of the ground so that it can move.
- Also gives the Ancient Heavy armor.
||Can move, gets Heavy armor.
- Burrows the Ancient's roots into the ground, rendering it immobile, but allowing it to build units.
- Also gives the Ancient Fortified armor.
||Can't move, gets Fortified armor.
- Nature's Blessing
- Upgrades all Ancients' and Treants' movement speed and armor.
||Tree of Life
||Tree of Ages
|Patch 1.13 (12/17/2003)
- Eat trees now heals 500 hit points over 30 seconds,
- up from 200 hit points over 10 seconds.
- Patch 1.10 (2003-07-03): Ancients now attack while rooted.
- Patch 1.06 (2003-06-03): Ancients temporarily lose their fortified armor when they uproot, becoming medium armor units.
- Patch 1.01 (2002-07-05):
- Hit points increased to 1000 from 750.
- Nature's Blessing upgrade is now first available at Tree of Ages instead of Tree of Eternity.