- For his Warcraft III statistics, see Anetheron (Warcraft III). For information on how to defeat him in World of Warcraft, see .
|Character class||Warlock|
|Occupation||Envoy of Archimonde|
Anetheron waited in the Twisting Nether, acting as emissary of to Tichondrius. He was one of the dreadlords assigned to watch over the , and grew agitated when they began to suspect the Lich King of treachery and possibly becoming a threat to the Burning Legion. But Tichondrius was confident that, despite his obvious ulterior motives, the Lich King was still providing the tools they needed to make way for the invasion. In a meeting in the Twisting Nether, Tichondrius assured Anetheron that everything was still well in his control.
When Archimonde came to the world, Anetheron went with him, and served as a personal guardsman. Anetheron showed his tenacity when he led the Scourge against the Sentinels, Alliance, and Horde in the final, climactic Battle of Mount Hyjal. He invaded the Great Alliance's base several times during the battle, calling infernals to serve him, with the objective of defeating the resistance so that could ascend to crush the World Tree. However, Anetheron was killed either during or after the battle.
Caverns of Time
This section concerns content exclusive to The Burning Crusade.
- Main article: Anetheron (tactics)
Adventurers of the Horde and Alliance entered a time pocket of the Battle of Mount Hyjal. This time, however, Anetheron didn't fight throughout the entire battle, but he was defeated by , adventurers and troops of the Third War in the human base.
Warlords of Draenor
This section concerns content exclusive to Warlords of Draenor.
This section concerns content exclusive to Legion.
His location following this is unclear.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
- Anetheron: Is everything proceeding as planned, Tichondrius? Lord demands a report on the Scourge.
- Tichondrius: The Lich King's young death knight has been performing well... almost too well. I begin to wonder if Ner'zhul has ulterior motives for his new... champion.
- : The human means nothing in the long run. wouldn't dare undermine our efforts now.
- Anetheron: Our only concern is that the Scourge accomplishes what it was created to do. Archimonde will have all our heads if we do not keep control of this situation!
- Tichondrius: Believe me, brother. Neither the Lich King nor his undead lackeys will jeopardize the Legion's return!
- Anetheron: See that they do not. Lord Archimonde has little patience for failure.
World of Warcraft
- Main article: Anetheron (tactics)#Quotes
- In his World of Warcraft appearance, his wings are colored red, despite being orange in the previous appearance.