Anti-Magic Shell is a level 57 Death knight ability that absorbs magic damage for 5 seconds. The caster is also immune to harmful magic effects for the duration of the shell. It does not, however, remove existing magic effects.
Anti-Magic Shell was originally an ability available to Banshee units in Warcraft III. It has also appeared in World of Warcraft, where it was used by the Shadowfang Moonwalkers in Shadowfang Keep (as Anti-Magic Shield), and in Burning Crusade, where it is used by the Banshees in the Battle for Mount Hyjal raid instance.
Anti-Magic Shell in the TCG.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Magic damage absorbed now scales with health.
- Patch 6.2.0 (2015-06-23): Now absorbs 100% of all magical damage (up from 75%). However, damage absorbed no longer causes .
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now restores 2 Runic Power per 1% of max health absorbed.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now causes damage absorbed to generate Runic Power. Runic Power cost removed.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): The tooltip for this ability will now reflect modifications from the talent.
- Patch 3.1.2 (2009-05-19): Tooltip error corrected.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): The cooldown has been lowered to 45 sec from 60 sec.
- Patch 3.0.3 (2008-11-04): Added.