- “Built by a lost civilization of arakkoa, the Apexis Guardians are sturdy constructs that have been well-preserved in ancient chambers.”
Apexis guardians are mechanical constructs created by the arakkoa, powered by solar energy. They are mainly found in Skyreach and Apexis ruins in Spires of Arak, although a number of fel-corrupted golems are also found in Tanaan and Hellfire Citadel.
They are based on excavated Apexis constructs. The Apexis arakkoa had always been arrogant, and they had become even more so after their victory against the Primals. They deemed those who walked the surface to be unclean and used their constructs to mine and gather other resources from the ground. 1,200 years later, the golems were reactivated from within the Apexis Excavation near Skyreach. The Ancient Nest Guardians were originally built as automated caretakers for young Arakkoa, but with the conflict escalating between the Adherents of Rukhmar and the Outcasts, many have been repurposed as instruments of war. At least Araknath was inspired by the draenei Vigilants.
- Ancient Trading Mechanism <Auctioneer>
- Apexis Gemcutter
- Araknath <Construct of the Sun>
- Giga Sentinel
- Grand Defense Construct
- Inactive Apexis Destroyer
- Solar Magnifier
- Ziri'ak <Apexis Guardian>
- Apexis Guardian (Spires of Arak)
- Apexis Guardian (battle pet)
As a companion pet
- is a rare arakkoa Archaeology artifact.
- has a chance to drop from Shadow-Lord Iskar in Hellfire Citadel.
- Apexis guardians share the skeleton and animations of blood golems.
- The Apexis Guardians mobs may have been intended to be of the same race.
- ^ (spell)
- ^ a b
- ^ a b Dungeon Journal for Araknath = The high arakkoa of Skyreach closely observed the civilization of the draenei, taking a keen interest in the towering Vigilants that guard their cities and temples. The arakkoa set out to create their own superior version, powered by solar energy - an unwaveringly obedient engine of destruction.
- ^ World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 2, pg. 29