Arator the Redeemer
- Not to be confused with Arathor.
|Race(s)||Half-elf and Half-human (half-breed humanoid)|
|Affiliation(s)||Alliance, Honor Hold, The Silver Hand|
|Occupation||Templar, Champion of the Silver Hand|
(first cousin once removed)
Arator the Redeemer (or Arator Windrunner) (pronounced "EH-ruh-tohr") is the half-elven son of the high elven ranger and the human paladin . He became a paladin just like his father and continues searching for his missing parents. One of the few known half-elf characters, Arator can be found at Honor Hold in Outland's Hellfire Peninsula.
Arator was only a child when Turalyon and Alleria accompanied Archmage beyond the Dark Portal as part of the Alliance Expedition to Draenor. He was apparently well-known by members of the Expedition, including , who called him "Little Arator". Turalyon and Alleria, along with the rest of the Expedition, were believed to have died when Khadgar sealed the Dark Portal.
The last time Alleria saw Arator, he was only a few months old. A few years later he was present at a ceremony in the Valley of Heroes in Stormwind City, sitting on the shoulders of a Knight of the Silver Hand and looking up at the statue of his mother, a face he couldn't remember. Alleria was observing this from aboard the Xenedar, the vessel of the Army of the Light, and sent her feelings to Arator through the Light. When he received her emotions the young Arator looked around, smiled, and then reached out to her statue. He would return again and again to the Valley of Heroes to see her face, knowing she would always love him.
Eighteen years after the Alliance Expedition left, reopened the Portal and crossed over into Draenor, now known as Outland. Arator, who has grown up to become a paladin in his father's footsteps, accompanied the Alliance reinforcements from Stormwind and Nethergarde to Honor Hold, where he remains as he searches for his missing parents. Since Danath Trollbane was a family friend, he pledged his sword to Danath and the Sons of Lothar.
This section concerns content exclusive to Legion.
The Knights of the Silver Hand receive a message from Turalyon, now known as High Exarch, to Arator. He reveals that for him it has been "ages" that he and Alleria have fought the Burning Legion across the stars, and now Turalyon has a message for Arator: the Legion is coming to Azeroth and has been ordered to destroy everything Turalyon holds dear. Turalyon tells Arator that Azeroth is the last light of hope, and he must fight or all is lost.
Arator later travels with his aunt Vereesa aboard the draenei's new dimensional ship, the Vindicaar, to Argus. He reunites with his parents and questions why they did not reach out to their people, to him. His mother Alleria responds that every choice they made was to keep him safe, and that it broke their hearts to be apart from him. She vows that, now that they are reunited, she will not let them separate again. He has a conversation with Vereesa regarding the fate of Sylvanas and what Vereesa will tell Alleria, to which Vereesa responds that the thought of the conversation fills her with dread and the truth will break Alleria's heart.
Arator can also be found at Darkfall Ridge where he fights demons seeking to reach the Vindicaar.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|Sanctum of Light||100||5,047,846|
|100 - 110||10,392,670|
This section concerns content exclusive to The Burning Crusade.
When spoken to:
- I was only an infant when my father was deployed to this wasteland. All that I have ever known of him is what others have told me. Do your dreams change, <name>? Mine do not. I have one dream: A crimson skyline envelops me as Legion, numbering beyond comprehension, battle in the distance. I kneel before the body of a man, presumably my father, and weep. As he is gasping for air, his body wholly crushed, he whispers something. Despite every effort, I am unable to hear what he is trying to tell me.
Arator and Malgor
- says: Shay, what'sh your deal anywaysh? Are you shome kind of elf or shomethin? You look shorta familiar.
- Arator the Redeemer says: I am Arator, son of Turalyon and Alleria. So yes, Father, I am "shome" kind of elf: half-elf to be precise.
- Father Malgor Devidicus's face turns white. Sobriety seems to have set in rather quickly.
- Father Malgor Devidicus says: By the Light! So this is why you look familiar. Is this fate? Destiny, perhaps? Arator, your father and I were the best of friends. It is I who kept him in good health... Oh the battles we fought... And...
- Father Malgor Devidicus clears his throat.
- Father Malgor Devidicus says: And... the battle we lost. I...I'm sorry, Arator. It was my fault...
- Father Malgor Devidicus begins to sob.
- Father Malgor Devidicus says: Quickly, Sid. Fill my tankard. Make the memories fade...
- says: Oh brother... Listen, he's gonna be here crying like a baby for another five hours. If you're really the son of Turalyon, go speak with Trollbane. He's in the keep - top floor.
- Arator the Redeemer says: Thank you Sid. Keep an eye on him; he is my only link to my mother and father, and I'd like to see him sober.
Arator and Danath
- says: As I live and breathe! "Little" Arator? Is that you?
- Arator the Redeemer says: Aye, Commander; but I am little no more. I have come to find my father. Have you any news to his whereabouts? I know he still lives. I have seen it in my dreams.
- Force Commander Danath Trollbane looks at Arator grimly.
- Force Commander Danath Trollbane says: I am afraid that I do not, Arator. I have not seen or heard from your father in 15 years. We had long since presumed him dead. But know this: I did all that was in my power to find him. From the bounds of Hellfire to the ravages of Nagrand, we searched... All for naught. If I could give my own life to bring Turalyon back, I would do so a thousand times over. I... I am sorry.
- Arator the Redeemer says: As long as he remains unfound, I will search. I know that he lives. And I know that I must find him. I am thankful for what you have done, Commander. As my father called upon you, a brother in arms, know that you may call upon me. I am at your service, my Lord.
- Arator the Redeemer says: Farewell, Commander. I will be staying at the inn, should you require my services.
This section concerns content exclusive to Legion.
- Highlord <name>, for many years I sought to follow the footsteps of my father, Turalyon.
- In you, I see an exemplary leader, one who can still teach me so much. In you, I see a champion rivaling my father himself.
- I would gladly lay down my life and fight for the Order of the Silver Hand.
- Good day to you.
- Light bless you.
- Peace friend.
- Honor to you.
- What can I do for you?
- Do you have a question?
- You're testing my patience!
- I am not usually vengeful, but I may have to make an exception.
- Are you testing my wrath?!
- Stop... or I will make YOU disappear.
- Do not lose faith.
- May the light guide you.
- Carry on the Crusade.
- For justice.
- May your heart be true.
- Steady travels.
- Do not give up the fight.
- For justice!
- For the Light!
- The Light smites our foes!
- Killed a mob
- One by one our foes shall fall!
- The Light smiles upon us!
- Grievous wounds... I must recover...
- I need to recover... go on without me...
Notes & trivia
- Although half-elf NPCs are rare in World of Warcraft, Arator is nonetheless the only one who uses a high elf model. and Kalec use human models.
- In the game, he initially had green eyes like his mother Alleria. However, following patch 3.1.0, his eyes are blue similar to normal high elves.
- Ironically, as the son of Alliance-loyal Alleria, he is the nephew of Horde leader (although Sylvanas was at one time member of the Alliance).
- Arator used the model of a blood elf until patch 3.1.0, at which point he was changed to use the model of a high elf. Like other male high elven models in the game, Arator's on-click quotes were from one of the night elf male voice sets.
- As a bodyguard, he is seen by other players with the name Silver Hand Templar.
- Arator is voiced by Yuri Lowenthal in Legion.
- He may have been named after Arathor, the first united human nation that also formed an alliance with the high elves.
- His name is possibly a reference to J. R. R. Tolkien's Aratar, the eight greatest of the Valar.
- Interestingly enough, there is no mention of him in the novel Beyond the Dark Portal, even though his parents' relationship is explored in detail. Alleria was inexplicably cold toward Turalyon near the beginning of Beyond the Dark Portal, and her pregnancy and Arator's birth between Tides of Darkness and Beyond the Dark Portal might have been the reason.
- If he was born shortly after the Second War (Year 7), he would be around 25 years old during the events of Legion.
- It is unknown who raised Arator while his parents were gone. Since A Thousand Years of War showed him as a child sitting on the shoulders of a paladin, it was likely the Knights of the Silver Hand in Stormwind. It also may have been his aunt Vereesa and uncle , though nothing hints at this.
Appearance prior to patch 3.1.0.
Appearance prior to Warlords of Draenor.
Arator as a Silver Hand Templar bodyguard.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added in the Sanctum of Light. Now has a unique voice.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Updated to a high elf model.
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): Added.
- ^ a b Ultimate Visual Guide
- ^ A Thousand Years of War
- ^ A Thousand Years of War
- ^ Timeline (from official site, 2007)
- ^ Arator the Redeemer#quotes "I am thankful for what you have done, Commander. As my father called upon you, a brother in arms, know that you may call upon me. I am at your service, my Lord."
- ^ Tides of Darkness, pg. 117