Today, 9/19, is the 6th Anniversary of Gamepedia's launch. Join us for an all-day Mega Stream on the Gamepedia Twitch channel! In addition, all users who log in during the anniversary week will receive a special achievement.
Arcane Barrage is a level 10 Arcane mages ability. Before Mists of Pandaria, Arcane Barrage was a moderately used spell for mobility purposes. As of now, Arcane Barrage is used at the end of accumulating the maximum 4 Arcane Charges. Beginning at level 34, Arcane Barrage also hits a number nearby enemy targets depending on how many charges the mage has.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Damage increased by 74%, damage increase per Arcane Charge increased to 60% (up from 50%).
- Hotfix (2014-12-08): "Damage has been increased by 16%."
- Hotfix (2014-10-14): "Resolved a script error with Arcane Barrage"
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now replaces for Arcane mages.
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Damage has been reduced by 16.1%.
- Hotfix (2012-09-20): "Arcane Barrage damage has been reduced by approximately 3.5%."
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now affected by the Arcane Charge resource mechanic.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Damage has been increased by 13%.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Mana cost has been reduced by 8%.
- Hotfix (2011-01-18): "The mana costs of the following mage spells have been reduced, but they still require the previous percentage of base mana in order to be cast: Arcane Barrage (11% of base mana), (7% of base mana), and (12% of base mana). As an example, Fireball requires 16% base mana to cast, but only consumes 12% of base mana. "
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Damage has been increased by 5% and its cooldown is now 4 seconds, down from 5 seconds.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Changed from being a talented spell to a specialized spell, obtained by all mages choosing Arcane. Replaced by as final talent in the Arcane tree.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added to the game as a 51-point talent in the Arcane tree.