- Each blast of arcane power strikes its target more quickly than the last.
Arcane Blast is a level 10 Arcane mage spell that deals direct arcane damage, with increasing damage levels and mana costs with each stack of Arcane Charge. With careful management, the mage can use this spell to trade off damage per mana versus damage per second.
Tips and tactics
The mana cost increase will run you out of mana VERY quickly. While chargeless Arcane Blast is fairly efficient in terms of DPM, a single Arcane Charge stack will double the mana cost and make it on par with the primary spells of the other specs. Under most circumstances, spamming this spell with 4 stacks of Arcane Charge is very inefficient and unsustainable. The efficacy is further diminished by reducing the damage bonus from as your mana is depleted.
The best use of Arcane Blast is to only cast it when you are above 90% mana, then alternate between (no mana cost) and Arcane Blast until all charges of Arcane Missiles are consumed. Once you can no longer cast Arcane Missiles, dump the stacks of Arcane Charge with .
Arcane Blast is like (and unlike , , and Arcane Missiles) in that it doesn't have a projectile animation. This makes the mage a bit less obvious in PvP combat as Arcane Blast won't leave a brilliant pointer back to the caster. Also, it's pretty hard to keep the debuff going as you'll hardly have time to sit around spamming 2.25 second casts (luckily for you).
- Arcane Blast is an epic Mage spell in the Grand Tournament expansion of Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft. The flavor text reads: "Now with 100% more blast!"
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2017-01-17): "Arcane Blast now deals normal damage in PvP situations (was an additional 5%)."
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25): Damage increased by 17%.
- Actual damage increase 10%?
- Actual damage increase 10%?
- Hotfix (2016-09-23): "Arcane Blast damage increased by 10%."
- Hotfix (2016-08-26): "Arcane Blast (Arcane) now deals 15% more damage in PvP."
- Hotfix (2016-08-22): "Arcane Blast mana cost has been decreased to 3.0% base mana (was 3.2%)."
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): No longer tied to , Spell power scaling increased to 150% (up from 121%) and Damage increase per Arcane Charge increased to 60% (up from 50%).
- Hotfix (2014-12-08): "Damage has been increased by 16%."
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14):
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Damage has been reduced by 22.9% and mana cost has been increased to 1.66667% of base mana (was 1.5%).
- Hotfix (2012-09-20): "Arcane Blast damage has been reduced by approximately 3.5%."
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now an Arcane specialization ability, affected by the Arcane Charge resource mechanic.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Damage done has been reduced by 5%.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Cast time has been reduced to 2.0 seconds, down from 2.35 seconds. In addition, the stacking effect of Arcane Blast now increases the damage done by Arcane Explosion, and Arcane Explosion does not consume that effect.
- Hotfix (2011-02-15): "Arcane Blast now costs 5% of base mana before stacking modifiers, down from 7%."
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Mana cost has been reduced by 12%.
- Hotfix (2011-01-18): The mana costs of the following mage spells have been reduced, but they still require the previous percentage of base mana in order to be cast: (11% of base mana), Arcane Blast (7% of base mana), and (12% of base mana). As an example, Fireball requires 16% base mana to cast, but only consumes 12% of base mana.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Now increases damage of the next Arcane Blast by 10% per stack, down from 20%, reduces cast time by 0.1 seconds per stack, and increases the mana cost by 150%, down from 175%. In addition, the base cast time of Arcane Blast has been lowered to 2.35 seconds.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Arcane Blast now costs 8% of base mana, up from 7%. Range increased to 40 yards, up from 30 yards. Now increases damage of Arcane Blast by 20% for each charge, up from 15%. Now deals 1579.53 to 1835.67 damage, up from 1185 to 1377 damage.
- Patch 3.2.2 (2009-09-22): The buff from using this ability now stacks up to 4 times instead of 3, and each application increases mana cost by 175% instead of 200%. In addition, the duration of the buff has been reduced to 6 seconds.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Mana cost reduced by 12%.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Stacking effect is no longer considered a Magic effect and will not be dispelled.
Formerly it was considered a harmful magical effect and would be dispelled by friendly casters, sometimes by accident, other times because of other magic debuffs.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): This ability has been significantly changed. Arcane Blast now increases the damage of the next Arcane spell by 15%. However, using Arcane Blast itself does not consume the charge itself. Each time you cast Arcane Blast, the damage of Arcane spells is increased by 15% and the mana cost of Arcane Blast is increased by 200%. This effect stacks up to 3 times and lasts 10 seconds or until any Arcane damage spell except Arcane Blast is cast.
- Patch 3.0.3 (2008-11-04): Reduced the mana cost of Fireball, Frostbolt, Frostfire Bolt, Arcane Blast, Arcane Missiles, and Arcane Explosion.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Effect duration reduced to 3 seconds, and now increases damage by 25/50/75% instead of reducing cast time.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22):
- A data error was fixed that was causing Arcane Blast to generate more threat than intended.
- The Arcane Blast debuff can no longer be dispelled.
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): The mage spell "Arcane Blast" will now receive the mana reduction benefits from "Clearcasting".
- Patch 2.0.1 (2006-12-05): Added.