Arcane Charges are a unique Arcane mage resource displayed in the user interface beneath the player's health and mana bars. They become available to Arcane mages at level 10. Mages can have a maximum of 4 Arcane Charges at a time.
Arcane Charges interact with the mage's arcane spells:
- Generated by , , and .
- Increases the damage of Arcane Blast, , and by 60% (modified by ).
- Increases the mana cost of Arcane Blast by 100%, and reduces its cast time by 8%.
- After level 31, increases the number of targets hit by Arcane Barrage for 50% damage by 1.
- After level 52, restores 2% of maximum mana when casting Arcane Barrage.
Arcane Charges begin to decay and disappear after 40 seconds of inactivity, losing 1 charge every 5 seconds.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Redesigned into a resource mechanic for Arcane mages.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now last 15 seconds (up from 10 seconds), and increases mana cost by 100% (down from 150%).
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Now stacks up to 4 times (was 6), increases damage by 50% (was 25%), and increases mana cost by 150% (was 75%).
- Patch 5.1.0 (2012-11-27): The damage buff from Arcane Charge has been increased from 22% to 25%, and Arcane Blast's mana cost increase when affected by Arcane Charge is now +75% (was +125%).
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.