- Arcane energy surged through her as she drew deep from her own power.
This ability is one of the mage's best burst damage tools, and it is often combined with other burst damage abilities and items.
Casting Arcane Power is not affected by the global cooldown.
- Arcane Power is dispelled as a magic buff.
- Due to Arcane Power used to having a 3 minute cooldown, a mage with Arcane Power was often referred to as a Three-Minute Mage.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Now increases spell damage by 30% (up from 20%) and reduces mana cost by 30% (from costing 10% more). Duration reduced to 10 seconds (from 15 seconds).
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Cooldown reduced from 2 to 1.5 minutes.
- Patch 3.0.9 (2009-02-10): Now increases damage and mana cost by 20%, cooldown reduced to 2 minutes. Arcane Power and now share a category cooldown. Arcane Power causes a 15 second cooldown. Presence of Mind, once consumed, causes a 1.5 second cooldown.
- Patch 1.10.2 (2006-05-02): It is no longer possible to gain the benefit of this spell and at the same time by careful timing.
- Patch 0.9 (2004-08-17): Mana penalty has been slightly reduced.