Human arcane sanctum
- Main article: Arcane Sanctum (Warcraft III)
Tutored in the Halls of Magic at the mystical city of Dalaran, sorceresses and priests diligently study their mysterious arts within the depths of the arcane sanctum. Over time, continuous study provides additional reserves of mana and the mastering of ever more difficult spells. It is also here that magical sentries may be called to allow the human towers to detect invisible enemy invaders.
High elven and blood elven arcane sanctum
The arcane sanctum helped the high elves to fend off Arthas and the Scourge as he tried to attack their capital city of Silvermoon City and Quel'Thalas in Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos by training units. However, the arcane sanctum couldn't be built by the high elf worker unit likely due to the limited ability of the map editor prior to the Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne expansion. With the addition of the The Frozen Throne expansion's map editor, it is possible to make additional groups with building orders.
World of Warcraft
This section concerns content related to the original World of Warcraft.
With the introduction of the blood elves in World of Warcraft, the arcane sanctum officially entered the game at the following locations:
- North Sanctum, near the entrance to the Ruins of Silvermoon
- West Sanctum, north of the Sunsail Anchorage
- East Sanctum, in the middle of the Dead Scar
- One in the Ruins of Silvermoon
Isle of Quel'Danas
- Sun's Reach Sanctum, south of the harbor
- Firewing Point, Terokkar Forest - east of Shattrath City
- Sanctum of the Stars, Shadowmoon Valley - west of Black Temple