Arch Druid (Warcraft III)
|The subject of this section did not make it out of the beta of Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos or its expansion.
- For lore about archdruids, see Archdruid.
|Faction||Night Elf Sentinels|
|Produced at||Altar of Elders|
|Weapon(s)||Staff & claw|
|Can attack:||Ground, Structure, Debris, Item, Ward|
The Arch Druid was canceled during development and his model was instead given to the Druid of the Talon unit. In the campaign, both Furion Stormrage and Jaina Proudmoore use the Arch Druid model with unique textures. One of his abilities, Sleep, was given to the Dreadlord. The Keeper of the Grove also has a Force of Nature ability, but with a different effect.
Spells and abilities
- Puts a targeted unit in a form of Statis, where he or she is unable to move, attack, or cast spells.
- An Area of Effect (AoE) poisonous gas cloud that damages all units within the sphere of its effect.
Force of Nature (Ultimate)
- Called the "Arch-Druid's Ultimate Spell," casting this spell will allow the hero to transform himself into a gigantic beast that is a hybrid of several woodland creatures.
- Among the possible random hero names was "Thurin Stormbreaker". This may have been an early name for Malfurion Stormrage.
- The Arch Druid seems to have been a melee hero that would hit enemies with his staff and claw them with his free hand. These attack animations are used by the Druid of the Talon for ranged attacks.