|Base of operations|
|Theater of operations|
Active under the Silver Hand
- "The must answer for what he has done, and must not be allowed to cause further destruction in our world. I make a promise to you now, brothers and sisters: the Lich King will be defeated! On this day, I call for a union. The Argent Dawn and the Order of the Silver Hand will come together as one! We will succeed where so many before us have failed! We will take the fight to Arthas, and we will tear down the walls of Icecrown! The Argent Crusade comes for you, Arthas!"
- —Tirion Fordring at Light's Hope Chapel
The Argent Crusade is an order of holy warriors formed from the union of the reformed Order of the Silver Hand and the Argent Dawn. Led by the paladin , the Argent Crusade was a major contributor to the successful campaign in Northrend that toppled the . As of the Shattering, they currently work to restore the Plaguelands of northern Lordaeron.
- 1 History
- 2 Reputation
- 3 Notable characters
- 4 Rewards
- 5 Quests
- 6 Quests and Prerequisites
- 7 Speculation
- 8 Patches and hotfixes
- 9 References
- 10 External links
This section concerns content exclusive to Wrath of the Lich King.
The Argent Crusade was formed shortly after the Battle for Light's Hope Chapel, as played out during the death knight quest , in which — leader of the reformed Silver Hand — reclaimed, and evidently purified the Ashbringer during a confrontation with the . He assumed a leadership position over the Argent Dawn and united the two factions in order to take the fight against the Lich King to Northrend.
According to the quest , Tirion Fordring handpicked every member in the Argent Crusade in order to avoid infiltration by the Cult of the Damned. This was presumably to prevent a repeat of the incident, which resulted in Naxxramas returning to Northrend and regaining corporeal form.
It should be noted that, despite the new Tabard the Argent Crusade uses, several of their members can be found using the old tabard of the Argent Dawn - this is referring to members of the Argent Crusade faction in Northrend, not the Argent Dawn members who are found in Eastern Kingdoms/Kalimdor. Those who wear the old tabard range from the common infantry to the commanders and senior members of the Crusade. This may mean that the two tabards are interchangable in the Crusade, and the old Argent Dawn tabard may still be in production as part of uniform for the members of the Crusade. Avenger Metz, for example, still uses the Argent Dawn tabard instead of the newer Argent Crusade one.
This section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
Since the Cataclysm, the Argent Crusade has strengthened its presence in the Plaguelands, claiming not only outposts formerly held by the now-defunct Argent Dawn, such as Light's Hope Chapel, but also the former Scarlet Crusade town of Hearthglen, and the four towers through the Eastern Plaguelands; around which the plague has receded. They have also joined forces with the Cenarion Circle to help heal the Plaguelands from its plagued state.
This section concerns content exclusive to Legion.
The Paladin player character assumes the mantle of Highlord of the Argent Crusade after Tirion fell in battle. However, the decision was made to reform the Order of the Silver Hand instead. This leaves the status of the Argent Crusade in question.
Reputation with the Argent Crusade can be gained by completing the following daily quests.
Also six quests at the Argent Tournament once you reach a high enough rank.
Reputation can also be gained by purchasing 1 from in the Argent Vanguard. This tabard, while worn in level 80 dungeons, awards 2 to 30 reputation per mob depending on its difficulty and 300 reputation per boss to your standing with the Argent Crusade.
- Main article: Argent Crusade characters
|Honored||21 9 13||Back|
|46 18 42||Plate Legs|
|46 36 29||Plate Legs|
|Revered||89 56 27||2H Mace|
|32 72 90||Mail Head|
|37 96 85||Plate Head|
|52 35 6||Wand|
|53 94 17||Gun|
|Exalted||35 83 98||Leather Feet|
|53 67 12||Plate Head|
|61 23 79||Mail Chest|
|28 49 83||Finger|
Quest list by Zone that provide reputation with the Argent Crusade.
Quests and Prerequisites
Quest and Prerequisites list by Zone that provide reputation with the Argent Crusade. Listed in proper order so you can maximize your time or if you're playing a Death Knight (because they don't earn rep with the Argent Crusade dailies at Argent Tournament)
Valley of Echoes
The Shadow Vault
First Legion Forward Camp
- The Argent Crusade and its predecessor the Argent Dawn both have an unusually high number of undead holy men and women in their ranks compared to any other faction, including the Forsaken. They come as Clerics, Priests, Healers, Initiates and Lightbringers. As such, it is possible that these faithful of the Light are members of the Lordaeron branch of the Church of the Holy Light who were initially freed with the other undead and decided to band apart because of the tendency of the Forsaken to instead be shadow priests.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2009-04-22): "Players who are exalted with the Argent Crusade will no longer be able to complete the quest "" in the Argent Pavillion."
- Patch 3.0.3 (2008-11-04): Added.