Army of the Light
|This article is a PTR Patch 7.3.0 stub. You can help expand it by editing it.|
The Grand Army of the Light, also called the Golden Army, is a faction of enlightened races that the naaru said would one day combat the ravages of the Burning Legion. After the fall of Argus, the draenei's finest warriors followed the prime naaru across the cosmos in an eternal war to bring about the Legion's end. Since then, other survivors of the Burning Crusade have joined the ranks of the Lightforged.
When the naaru came to the Prophet and rescued the draenei from the fury of , they promised that the Exiled Ones would one day be part of a grand force. The Army of the Light arose from the survivors of worlds destroyed by the Burning Legion.
The draenei have awaited the day when the Army would emerge for more than twenty millennia. One of the Prophet Velen's many visions was of the Army of the Light: a grand coalition of humans, dwarves, gnomes, elves, worgen, orcs, tauren, trolls, goblins — and even the undead. The draenei themselves are foretold as the backbone of this mighty army, with many naaru joining the fray against the darkness, along with an innumerable amount of dragons and naaru. The leader of this great coalition, clad in Light-imbued armor with a matching blade, is a human of unclear identity. The vision met its end after a great and terrible shadow cast its darkness over the defenders of the Light, though the army only charged to meet it in battle.
In World of Warcraft: Illidan, an "elder naaru" shows a possible future in which is one of the leaders of the Army of the Light, fighting the Burning Legion and the Void with other champions. His Warglaives of Azzinoth glow with the Light. His features are described as "calm and strong and at peace. His face was filled with confidence, shorn of all suffering."
At some point the dreadlord was infused with the Light and joined the Army of the Light to fight against the Legion as its High Commander. During the Burning Legion's third invasion of Azeroth, Lothraxion was sent by High Exarch to protect it.
According to the Prime Naaru , the vestiges of the Golden Army currently battle on the ruined draenei homeworld of Argus. But they are losing, and as such have sent Light's Heart, the core of Xe'ra, as a last resort to Azeroth for it to be handed to Prophet Velen. Xe'ra is seeking the "child of Light and Shadow", Illidan Stormrage, to bring the battle to an end.
For millennia, the Army of the Light waged battles, skirmishes, and sabotage against the Burning Legion. They all knew they might not survive their final assault on Argus. The Army of the Light's flagship, the Xenedar, crashed on Argus's surface and the resident Krokul saved Turalyon's life. More members of the Army of the Light are encountered at the crash site of the Xenedar and they proceed to aid Azeroth's forces on Argus.
- Ground troops
- The Xenedar (flagship)
- 's unnamed ship used to reach Netherlight Temple in order to stop 's assault.
- After the fall of Argus, the draenei's finest warriors followed the prime naaru Xe'ra across the cosmos in an eternal war to bring about the Legion's end. Since then, other survivors of the Burning Crusade have joined the ranks of the Lightforged.
|Friendly||Design: Mass Prospect Empyrium||9||Recipe|
|Honored||Embroidered Lightforged Drape||500||Back|
|Revered||Boon of the Lightbearer||200||Shoulder enchant|
|Recipe: Empyrial Breastplate (rank 2)||2,000||Recipe|
|Design: Empyrial Cosmic Crown (rank 2)||2,000||Recipe|
|Design: Empyrial Deep Crown (rank 2)||2,000||Recipe|
|Design: Empyrial Elemental Crown (rank 2)||2,000||Recipe|
|Design: Empyrial Titan Crown (rank 2)||2,000||Recipe|
|Recipe: Fiendish Shoulderguards (rank 2)||2,000||Recipe|
|Recipe: Fiendish Spaulders (rank 2)||2,000||Recipe|
|Recipe: Lightweave Breeches (rank 2)||2,000||Recipe|
|Exalted||Army of the Light Tabard||300||Tabard|
|Lightforged Warframe (item)||500,000||Mount|
|Lightforged Augment Rune||50,000||Buff|
- Draenei members of the Army of the Light have golden eyes.
- Few draenei among the army wield "true magic" anymore after seeing what tempted their brethren.
- The Army of the Light's elekk mounts were introduced to them by Alleria and Turalyon, who had spent time on the elekk homeworld, Draenor.
- After the crash of the Genedar, it was said that there were still other naaru and draenei behind those left stranded on Draenor. There was also a group of draenei who willingly stayed behind on the world Shar'gel to give the Genedar time to escape. These draenei might have later joined the Army of the Light.
- In a distant future, High King Anduin Wrynn and Prophet Velen are seen preparing for a final battle, presumably as a part of the Army.
- It is highly plausible that the "elder naaru" Illidan met is the Prime Naaru Xe'ra.
- In the novel Beyond the Dark Portal a naaru appeared to and encouraged him to proceed with his decision to stop the Horde from finding new worlds to conquer. It is possible that the naaru was Xe'ra and that she knew that one day Turalyon would join the Golden Army, perhaps even inciting him to do so.
- Patch 7.3.0 (PTR): Added.
- ^ a b In-game reputation description
- ^ Quest:The Child of Light and Shadow
- ^ The Burning Crusade Townhall - Draenei
- ^ a b
- ^ Prophet's Lesson
- ^ Quest:A Light in the Darkness
- ^ Quest:From Darkness
- ^ Quest:The Prophet's Gambit
- ^ Archmage Y'mera#Quotes
- ^ Glorious Felcrusher
- ^ World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 2, page 53
- ^ Word of the Conclave
- ^ Anduin: Son of the Wolf
- ^ Rosenberg, Aaron; Christie Golden. Beyond the Dark Portal, 190. ISBN 978-1-4165-5086-0.