Arthas' Betrayal (WC3 Human)
- The bells ring when the prince arrives at the kingdom. The bridge comes down as Arthas and his "royal guards" approach it. The crowd is tossing flower petals over the corridors of the capital. Arthas catches one and rubs it, causing the petal to decay. He then tosses it to the ground and continues to the throne room. King Terenas hears his son approaching from the other side. Arthas slams open the doors as he walks towards his father's throne. Terenas stands up from his throne as his son draws out his sword Frostmourne and kneels.
- Terenas: Ah, my son. I knew you would be victorious.
- The whispers through the blade speak to Arthas.
- Arthas: You no longer need to sacrifice for your people. You no longer need to bear the weight of your crown. I've taken care of everything.
- Arthas rises to his feet and unhoods himself to his father. As his royal guards depart in opposite directions, Arthas approaches his father upon his throne, then grabs him and pulls him down. The camera pans to show their shadows on the wall as it unfolds.
- Terenas: What is this? What are you doing, my son?
- Arthas: Succeeding you, Father...
- Arthas stabs his father with the runeblade and his crowns falls off his head, bloody and broken.
- Arthas: This kingdom shall fall, and from the ashes shall arise a new order that will shake the very foundations of the world.
- This cinematic was unofficially remastered on June 30, 2019, by Upscale, using Machine Learning AI.
- Cinematic Director Nick Carpenter described the two figures with Arthas as "two hooded undead ghouls" on the Warcraft III Cinematic DVD audio commentary. This was later retconned to them being the death knights Falric and Marwyn.
- According to Carpenter, an artist etched their initial on Frostmourne during the rising close up of Arthas.
- Arthas' walk after he slams the doors open was made by recording Chris Metzen walking.
- The line "I knew you would be victorious." is barely audible. In Arthas: Rise of the Lich King, it is "Glad I am to see you safely home."
- Fan art