As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
Artifact Research Notes
- Artifact Research Notes
- Binds when picked up
- Requires Level 110
- "Once the Orders began sharing resources, these pages of knowledge became obsolete."
- Sell Price: 10
Artifact Research Notes used to increase Artifact Knowledge, which increases the rate at which a player earns Artifact Power, before patch 7.3.0. Work orders could be placed once the character has reached level 110.
This item is obtained by placing a work order for 500 with the following at your Class Hall:
- Illanna Dreadmoore <Ebon Blade Archivist> in Acherus: The Ebon Hold
- Vahu the Weathered <Illidari Researcher> at the Fel Hammer on Mardum
- Celadine the Fatekeeper <Dreamgrove Researcher> at the Dreamgrove in Val'sharah
- Holt Thunderhorn <Lore and Legends> at Trueshot Lodge in Highmountain
- Edirah <Tirisgarde Researcher> at the Hall of the Guardian in Dalaran
- Lorewalker Cho <Head Archivist> at the Temple of Five Dawns on the Wandering Isle
- Sister Elda <Keeper of the Ancient Tomes> at the Sanctum of Light in Eastern Plaguelands
- Juvess the Duskwhisperer <Keeper of Scrolls> in Netherlight Temple
- Filius Sparkstache <Archivist> at the Hall of Shadows in Dalaran
- Gorma Windspeaker <Keeper of Legends> at the Heart of Azeroth in the Maelstrom
- Mile Raitheborne <Head Archivist> in the Dreadscar Rift
- Fjornson Stonecarver <Keeper of Legends> in the Skyhold
- The maximum amount of work orders you could place was two.
- There was a hidden catch-up mechanic where if your character was significantly behind compared to where they reasonably ought to be at that point in time, the work orders would be accelerated. The time required would go back up from there until you were caught up.
- The original flavor text before the removal of the item's functionality was: "Extensive notes on many of the great weapons that have played a role in Azeroth's history".
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.3.0 (2017-08-29): Artifact Knowledge now increases automatically for all characters. Existing Artifact Research Notes have been converted to poor quality items.
- Hotfix (2017-05-22): "Artifact Knowledge can now be researched to a maximum level of 40 (was 50)."
- Patch 7.2.0 (2017-03-28): Notes to research up to Artifact Knowledge 50 added.
- Hotfix (2016-12-06): "Players who were unable to submit Artifact Knowledge Work Orders should now be able to again."
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.