Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Ascent to the Upper Kingdom (WC3 Undead)
|Previous: The Forgotten Ones|
|Next: A Symphony of Frost and Flame|
|Ascent to the Upper Kingdom|
|Conflict: Legacy of the Damned|
|Place: Upper Kingdom, Azjol-Nerub|
|Outcome: Successfully escaped the Old Kingdom.|
|Commanders and leaders|
|Casualties and losses|
|template | talk | edit|
Ascent to the Upper Kingdom is chapter 7, part three, of the Legacy of the Damned.
Moments later, at the entrance to the Upper Kingdom...
As the Scourge flee from the Faceless Ones chasing them after the defeat of the Forgotten One, a sudden carve in separates Arthas from the rest of his forces. Seeking an escape, Arthas quickly moves forward and after dealing with the Faceless Ones in his way, he eventually reunites with Anub'arak and the rest of the Scourge. Led by the Lich King's champion, the undead successfully escape from Azjol-Nerub and reach the surface at Icecrown.
- Escape before the timer expires
- Arthas must survive
- Anub'arak must survive
The death of the Forgotten One has stirred the depths of the Old Kingdom, and it has begun to crumble in on itself. You must quickly make your way out of the cavern before it callapses[sic] on you.
- Find the three gold stashes (3 found)
Gold Coins have been hidden throughout these underground chambers. Find them for an increase of your gold coffers. This would be useful the next time you require gold to sustain and build your forces.
- King Arthas: We're running out of time, Anub'arak. How far are we from the exit?
- Anub'arak: Not far. We have entered the Upper Kingdom. The exit should lead us to the base of the glacier itself. However, there are still hidden traps and pitfalls to account for.
- The cave starts to shake and the ceiling begins to collapse.
- King Arthas: Take cover!
- Anub'arak: Arthas!
- Arthas finds himself cut off from the remainder of his forces. He is all alone and very weak.
- King Arthas: The entire passage collapsed! There's no time to dig through this. I'll have to move quickly and find my own way out! Hopefully Anub'arak and the others survived.
During the Mission
- King Arthas: I'll be singed if I get too close to those flames.
- King Arthas: More of the nerubians' blasted mechanisms! I'll have to time this perfectly.
- King Arthas: I must find a way across this strange obstacle.
- King Arthas: Anub'arak! You made it!
- Anub'arak: I see now why the Lich King chose you as his champion, death knight. Few men could have survived this labyrinth alone.
- King Arthas: Something's breaking through! Defensive positions!
- Anub'arak: They're blocking the way to the exit! We'll have to fight our way through them to reach it!
- King Arthas: Another quake!
- Anub'arak: Another earthquake. We must hurry, death knight.
- Anub'arak: We're running out of time. We must find the exit!
- King Arthas: I'll need this gold for when we reach the glacier.
- Anub'arak: Now, quickly--head through that door! The exit to the surface lies just beyond!
- King Arthas: It'll be good to see the sun again.
- Anub'arak: Remember--Illidan and the true battle still await us in the world above. Hopefully, our trek through the dark earth bought us the precious time we needed.