Asking for a Friend
110 - 120 (Requires 110)
Hey! Since you helped Cesi I thought maybe you might do a favor for me.
Well, uh, y'see Miss Sweetflower over there? Sweet as honey, sharp as a tack, and cooks like a goddess.
I'm not much to look at, but the lady might think kindly on me if I could surprise her with a gift. A really great gift! But I can't leave m'post or these red-coated jerks might run off with the merchandise.
This is where you come in. Find out what Miss Sweetflower wants, get it and bring it back to me.
You will receive:
- 23 40
- 16,450 XP
Did you find something?
She wanted this?
<Kane cracks open the jar slightly. His eyes begin to water immediately.>
<Coughing, Kane hastily re-seals the jar.>
That must have cost a lot. Let me pay you back with a tip.
Xun Xun is just across the way:
- A new face! And a friendly one, I think. Care to try something special? Or perhaps you are looking for rare spices or recipes?
You have an extensive pantry. Is there anything missing from your spice rack?
- Oh! I've wanted to use Century Sauce for ages! It's a cooking paste made of several ingredients all blended together and then allowed to ferment for centuries. The longer it ferments the more complex the flavor profile. It is said to add a distinctive spice and tang to any dish.
- There are rumors some of the Tortollan traders carry it, but it is rare and wildly expensive.
- <Xun Xun sighs wistfully>
- It is a chef's dream ingredient!
The nearest tortollan trader is, helpfully, marked on the minimap down by the ship. Speak with Merchant Kooda:
- Hello <race>. Do you have anything interesting to sell?
Have you ever heard of something called 'Century Sauce'? Do you have any?
- Hmmmmm. Yes. Let me look.
- <Kooda rummages around for a long while before pulling out a jar from the depths of the pack.>
- Bought this a couple hundred years ago. I'd forgotten about it. I suppose I could sell it.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Added.