Assassins in the games
This section concerns content related to the original World of Warcraft.
- Spectral Assassin - Upper Blackrock Spire
- Ravenholdt Assassin - Alterac Mountains
- Galak Assassin - Thousand Needles
- Dark Strand Assassin - Ashenvale
- Syndicate Assassin - Alterac Mountains
- Blackhand Assassin - Upper Blackrock Spire
- Shadowy Assassin - Hillsbrad Foothills
- Shadowhide Assassin - Redridge Mountains
- Wastewander Assassin - Tanaris
- Forsaken Assassin - Ashenvale
- Shivan Assassin - Blade's Edge Mountains
- Kaldorei Assassin - Ashenvale
- Red Hand Assassin - Drustvar
- Carlo Aurelius
- Garona Halforcen
- Lord Jorach Ravenholdt
- Rohan the Assassin
- Master Mathias Shaw
- Invar One-Arm
- Yana Bloodspear
- Fenissa the Assassin
- Seres, Timewalker Assassin
- Ravenholdt (Assassin's League)
- Red Hand
- Stormwind Assassin's Guild
- Shattered Hand
- Shera Ali'kh
In the RPG
Even more skilled in the art of death, assassins are those few who have gone on to perfect the arts of murder to an incredibly fine degree. So deadly are the cold-hearted killers that they are beyond the ideas of allegiance and devotion to anything more than the next challenging kill.
Assassins come from any races and most are independent. They kill people for no other reason than to gain profit through contract killings.
- During early development of World of Warcraft, the Rogue class was originally called Assassin.
- The Assassin was also a scrapped night elf unit in the Warcraft III beta. Its model was recycled for the warden hero unit and it is a playable unit in WarChasers. Its original Battle.net description was the following: "Though the mysterious female Assassins are not officially part of the Sentinel army, they serve the militaristic needs of Kalimdor with as much passion and precision as their moon-worshipping sisters. These dark women prefer to stay in the shadows and strike from afar. Like all Night Elf women, Assassins are able to Shadowmeld at night."
- will temporarily transform your character into an "Assassin" ("Ninja") or "Pirate".