Assault on Broken Shore (quest)
110 (Requires 110)
+1,000 Armies of Legionfall
- 1 Objectives
- 2 Description
- 3 Progress
- 4 Completion
- 5 Rewards
- 6 Gains
- 7 Notes
- 8 Criteria of
- 9 Progression
- 10 Forces
- 11 Trivia
- 12 Patch changes
- 13 External links
Complete the Assault on Broken Shore scenario.
- Speak to Khadgar
- Gain a Foothold on Broken Shore
It has been a long and costly war, <name>. It is time we put an end to it.
We will drive the Burning Legion from their seat of power and close their gateway into Azeroth. Our first step is to gain a foothold on the Broken Shore.
We have come far together, <class>.
Mephistroth is on the run. We are beginning to dig in here at Deliverance Point.
A good start, I'd say, even though we still have much to do.
I am ready to launch the assault.
Archmage Khadgar says: I am confident you can handle your end, let us hope the others come through.
After accepting the quest, the patch 7.2.0 cutscene will start playing. The Burning Legion sends a massive fleet against you.
Stage 1: Into the Fray
- Reach the Broken Shore
You will automatically be mounted on an arcane raven and fly out with a squad of Kirin Tor Mages. Many Legion ships are still warping in, and one in particular, Mephistroth's ship, starts firing at Dalaran.
- Archmage Khadgar yells: Quickly,<class title>, we need you on the front lines!
- Archmage Khadgar yells: <Name>, our assault on the southern beach is being met with heavy resistance.
- Archmage Khadgar yells: I need you spearheading our forces while I deal with these ships!
- Archmage Khadgar yells: We must take the ruins on the western side of the island. From there we can funnel all of our forces toward the central ship above the soul engine.
- Archmage Khadgar yells: The Legion will not win this day! We will show them what it means to stand together. For Azeroth!
Stage 2: Vanguard of the Assault
- Secure the beach
- Archmage Khadgar yells: We must take the beach before we can claim the ruins to the west.
- Kirin Tor Mage yells: Incoming!
Stage 3: Might of the Legion
- Lord Kalgorath defeated
- Archmage Khadgar says: Good! They thought they were ready for us, but they've never seen the forces of Azeroth work with such unity!
- Archmage Khadgar says: Head up the hill to the west with the other forces. An eredar and his underlings guard the point. You know what to do.
Follow the coastline west and take the winding trail leading northwest. Don't worry about the demons the NPCs are fighting; they'll immediately conclude their fighting and join you once you've reached Kalgoroth.
- Lord Kalgorath says: You think a few mortals with gaudy weapons can stop us?
- Lord Kalgorath yells: You are doomed to fail!
Stage 4: Rifts of Chaos
- Legion portals closed (3)
- Arganoth's forces depleted
- Archmage Khadgar says: It seems you were doomed to fail, Lord Kalgorath.
- Archmage Khadgar says: <Name>, the forces of Dread Commander Arganoth lie to the northeast. We must close the portals before our allies are overrun.
At this point, a portal will be opened by several Kirin Tor Mages in order to bring reinforcement, including Velen and Maiev with her Warden Vigilants. Follow the NPCs as they make their way further onto the Broken Shore.
- Maiev Shadowsong says: The Wardens are with you, <class title>.
- Prophet Velen says: As is the Light.
- Dread Commander Arganoth yells: You march to your doom!
- Dread Commander Arganoth yells: Your souls will fuel the soul forge!
Stage 5: The Doomguard's Command
- Dread Commander Arganoth slain
- Dread Commander Arganoth yells: Break them!
Once Stage 4 is finished, the Burning Legion will open more portals that can't be closed down this time. Demons starts pouring through, including gigantic Infernal Siegebreakers, and Illidan makes his appearance as well in order to fight them.
- Maiev Shadowsong says: More portals?! Where the hell is our backup?
- Illidan Stormrage says: Take down Dread Commander Arganoth! We will deal with the rest.
- Maiev Shadowsong says: Illidan, how courteous of you to finally arrive! Wardens, see to the real work while Illidan's demon hunters caper about their bats.
- Prophet Velen says: Enough bickering! Stay focused!
- Dread Commander Arganoth yells: I will flay the flesh from your bones!
- Dread Commander Arganoth yells: The master will mend my flesh again and again. You haven't won. You cannot win. We are endless! We are Legion!
The Felblaze Infernals he summons have a constant AoE aura, but they are stationary and don't attack you. Focus on Arganoth.
- Dread Commander Arganoth says: I... will... return...
- Prophet Velen says: Perhaps. But not his day, demon!
Stage 6: Gateway to Ruin
- Gateway used
- Archmage Khadgar says: Their command ship remains. We must destroy it before Dalaran's defenses fail! The Council of the Black Harvest has set up a gate for us. You may do the honors, <name>.
- Mephistroth says: Yes, come forth. I could use some entertainment!
- Prophet Velen says: Mephistroth!
- Illidan Stormrage says: The warlocks took your world from you, nathrezim! I would not be so arrogant if i were you.
- Mephistroth says: Silence!
Stage 7: Pillar of fire
- Plant Arcane Bombs in the command ship (7)
- Archmage Khadgar says: Here, these will help. Plant them around the ship. I will activate them from here when ready.
After getting inside the ship, use the Legion portal after placing the mana bombs in the first area to reach the next area to plant the rest.
Final Stage: Mephistroth
- Mephistroth slain
- Mephistroth yells: Another foolish mortal wishes to face me? So be it!
Avoid Mephistroth's Shadow Blasts. After injuring him somewhat, the demon will take his leave.
- Mephistroth yells: Pathetic! My time is wasted here. With the power from the tomb, I will destroy all of you!
- Archmage Khadgar says: Get Ready, <class title>. I'm pulling you out and detonating the bombs!
A short cutscene will play:
- The arcane bombs detonate, destroying the command ship. A beam of arcane energy from the main Dalaran tower is then directed towards the Tomb of Sargeras, breaking the shielding protecting the fel portal.
After being teleported to Deliverance Point:
- Archmage Khadgar says: Ah, there you are, <class title>. I was worried I might have activated the bombs a tad prematurely.
- Illidan Stormrage says: We have won this day, but a grave threat still looms before us. The Legion's master has yet to play his hand.
Among the forces of the Armies of Legionfall are:
- Cenarion Circle: Tranquil Bloomers and an Ancient of War
- Conclave: Grand Priests, led by Velen
- Council of the Black Harvest: Black Harvest Invokers and Acolytes, led by Ritssyn Flamescowl
- Earthen Ring: Earthen Ring Shamans
- Illidari: Illidari Veterans, led by Illidan Stormrage
- Knights of the Ebon Blade: Knights of the Ebon Blade
- Knights of the Silver Hand: Silver Highguards
- Order of the Broken Temple: Crane Style Masters
- Uncrowned: Uncrowned Agents
- Tirisgarde: Kirin Tor Guardians and Mages
- Unseen Path: Unseen Pathfinders
- Valarjar: Stormforged Shieldmaidens
- Wardens: Warden Vigilants, led by Maiev Shadowsong
Among the forces of the Burning Legion are:
- Beach: Infernal Siegebreakers, Felguard Destroyers, Dreadborne Overfiends, Dread Felbats, Eredar Chaosbringers and Wrathguard Soulbreakers, led by Lord Kalgorath
- Black City: Wrathguard Dreadblades, Soulbound Destructors, Shadowsworn Harbingers, Living Felblazes, Mo'arg Painbringers, Felguard Legionnaires, Felfire Imps, Felblaze Infernals, Eredar Chaos Guards, Burning Sentries, Burning Terrorhounds, Dark Worshippers and Grinning Shadowstalkers, led by Dread Commander Arganoth
- Legion ship: Eredar Pyromancers, Dread Interrogators, Infernal Technicians and Soulforge Guardians, led by Mephistroth
- Illidan now uses a variant of the Twinblades of the Deceiver set instead of the Twin Blades of Azzinoth.
- Patch 7.2.0 (2017-03-28): Added.