Assault on Dreadmaul Rock (Horde)
Slay 200 Blackrock Invaders. If you should lose your vehicle, use the Horn of the Callers to summon it again.
- Blackrock Invader slain x200
This is it, <name>. A sad day... but a day in which the Blackrock orcs will learn a powerful lesson. Today, our plan comes to fruition.
Now's our chance! Crush them! We won't get another opportunity like this!
<Eitrigg looks over the devastation below.>
Our job is almost done, <name>. It's time to deliver the deathblow.
Accept the quest and a cutscene begins:
- Meanwhile, atop Dreadmaul Rock...
- The camera flies away to the top of Dreadmaul Rock where the Big Three are holding a war conference. Thorg'izog is trying to cover for something and Neeralak is incinerated...
- Xi'lun says: We are nearly prepared to start this battle, brothers. Thorg'izog, what is the matter? Why are you covering your butt like that?
- Thorg'izog says: WHAT? No reason... it's just... something is very wrong with my stomach. I think it's something I ate.
- Xi'lun says: Can you still lead your troops? Do you need to promote one of your sergeants?
- Thorg'izog says: Timan fell from the Pillar of Ash. Otahna was eaten by wolves. Gorlop fell in lava. And most of my sergeants were killed in a freak cudgelling accident.
- Xi'lun says: I see. Well, do the best you can. Neeralak, why are you all black and smoky?
- Neeralak says: Those imps you had delivered... they woke up and started shooting fireballs at everybody! It was chaos!
- Xi'lun says: Delivered? Woke up? What are you even talking about? Were you attacked by flamekin?
- Neeralak says: Imps, flamekin, whatever! I don't know warlock crap. Demons all look the same to me!
- Neeralak says: Besides, I've been busy dealing with other issues. Dozens of my dragons died when that those two enemies swept through the front lines.
- Xi'lun says: You're both failures. But it doesn't matter: with a pit lord on our side, we won't need foot soldiers OR dragons. Behold!
- The camera pulls away as Xi'lun walks away to attempt to summon the pit lord...
- Xi'lun says: [Demonic] Zar zar refir zenn X zennshi x buras daz.
- Hellmondath, a level 53 elite pit lord appears!
- Xi'lun says: And now to quickly use the Orb of Domination, before the pit lord turns on us.
- The "orb" fails, and Hellmondath starts attacking the blackrock army! The camera pulls back up to Neeralak and Thorg'izog.
- Thorg'izog says: The pit lord's loose! We're doomed! Retreat!
- Thorg'izog says: Quickly, everyone run toward those dragons! All troops, towards the dragons! The dragons will save us!
- Neeralak says: I never called any dragons...
The cutscene cuts to a close as the player is mounted upon the Obsidian-Cloaked Dragon. Laughing. Laughing very hard.
- The Blackrock forces are panicking! Strike at them now!
The dragon has one ability:
- Fiery Breath — Fires a bolt of fiery breath at enemy targets, inflicting 13125 to 16875 damage to all Blackrock Invaders.
Fiery Breath is more than enough to one-shot the members of the Blackrock army caught in the blast radius. Take out 200 and fly back to Flame Crest.
Optional breadcrumb to Swamp of Sorrows:
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.