Avatar of the Martyred
- Mortal Strike — The Avatar of the Martyred strikes his current target, inflicting Physical damage and reducing the effectiveness of any healing received by 50%.
- Sunder Armor — The Avatar of the Martyred hacks at an enemy's armor, reducing it with each application of Sunder Armor. Sunder armor stacks up to 5 times and lasts for 20 sec.
If you are a high-level character attempting to farm for the Avatar of the Martyred's loot, here is what you should do:
- Unequip your weapon(s) and remove any buffs that deal passive damage (such as ).
- If you're very high-level and unsure that you won't one-shot Exarch Maladaar at the wrong time, un-equip all your gear. You can always re-equip your weapon(s) later if needed.
- Wait for Exarch Maladaar to use his Stolen Soul ability. This will decrease both your healing and damage done by 50% for 2 minutes, so long as you don't kill the Stolen Soul mob summoned by the ability.
- Land enough hits to put the boss' health at 25% or below, then stop auto-attacking.
- Once Exarch Maladaar has summoned the Avatar of the Martyred, you may kill both of them.
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): Added.