- "Evil shows no mercy, nor is it shown any by the Light."
Avenging Wrath is a level 72 paladin ability. The Holy version increases healing done by 35% and gives a 20% bonus to critical strike. For Protection and Retribution it increases damage and healing done by 35%.
- Not affected by the global cooldown.
Equipment set bonus
- Tier 9 Turalyon's Garb / Liadrin's Garb 2-pc bonus: Increases the duration of Avenging Wrath by 5 sec.
- Tier 11 4-pc bonus: Avenging Wrath lasts 5 sec longer.
- Tier 16 Vestments of Winged Triumph 4-pc bonus: Reduces the cooldown of Avenging Wrath by 60 sec. While Avenging Wrath is active, Mastery is increased by 250.
Tips and Tactics
- This ability essentially places the Paladin at a higher DPS bracket for the duration. It suits Retribution Paladins best due to their already relatively heightened damage abilities, but is useful in PvP and PvE alike as a way of causing huge burst damage in a small amount of time. This spell itself does not trigger the Global Cooldown, but unlike Judgement, is affected by it.
- Avenging Wrath is dispellable and easily recognized by enemy players due to the giant golden wings protruding from the Paladin's back, and thus should be used with caution around Shamans (), Priests ( or even ), Warlock's Felhunters (), Hunters , and worst of all, Mages (whose can give them the great benefits of this spell, making them even more powerful). Therefore, think before you use this spell, and time it correctly. If you are fighting a Shaman, Mage or Priest one-on-one, make sure you cast it the right time (could be when the target is affected by or ). Make sure the target has used any stunbreaking cooldowns or trinkets etc. The result, when timed right, can be deadly.
- Because of its powerful boost and well-known visual effect, Avenging Wrath is often simply referred to as a paladin's "wings". For example; "he used his wings, so the other guy was killed in two seconds".
- Avenging Wrath is an epic Paladin spell in Hearthstone. The flavor text reads: "Wham! Wham! Wham! Wham! Wham! Wham! Wham! Wham!"
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2017-10-03): "When is unequipped, it cancels any active Avenging Wrath or ."
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Now available to all specializations and can no longer be dispelled. Healing bonus for Holy reduced from 100% to 35%, and no longer increases haste or damage. Damage and healing bonus for Retribution and Protection increased from 20% to 35%.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14):
- No longer available to Protection paladins.
- Now also increases all of the paladin's healing by 20% for its duration.
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Now has a cooldown of 2 minutes for Retribution Paladins (was 3 minutes). The cooldown remains unchanged for Holy and Protection Paladins.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Mana cost removed.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Affected by new talents.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): , , and Avenging Wrath cannot be used within 30 seconds of each other anymore. removed from Avenging Wrath.
- Hotfix (2008-10-31): Once more causes Forbearance.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): No longer causes Forbearance, damage increase reduced to 20% (from 30), now increases healing done by 20%.