- Not to be confused with Azsharite.
- The blood of Azeroth crystalizes into chunks of Azerite, an extremely potent and powerful material.
Azerite is the name given to the crystallized blood of Azeroth. When Sargeras stabbed the world with his sword, it caused her to bleed her life essence all over the world. The Alliance and the Horde are now fighting over it. Magni Bronzebeard gave an adventurer the , a relic from Azeroth herself that allows the bearer to consume the Azerite and through it, heal Azeroth.
Long ago, Aman'Thul, the Highfather of the titan Pantheon, ripped the Old God Y'Shaarj from the world's crust and tore it apart. The volatile arcane lifeblood of Azeroth's world-soul rushed to the surface and roiled over the world. It was through this event that the Pantheon realized that the Old Gods had embedded themselves too deep in Azeroth's surface to remove without severely harming the world-soul, and so they instead resolved to imprison the vile entities below the surface of the world. After the Old Gods and their elemental minions had been defeated and sealed in their prisons, the titans' most powerful servants — the keepers — set to work to seal the still-bleeding wound. After having labored day and night to construct magic wards around the wound, the tumultuous arcane energies eventually calmed and settled into balance, and the keepers named it the Well of Eternity.
On Kezan before the Cataclysm, the Bilgewater Cartel dug deep enough into the earth that they were able to find a small vein and mine Azeroth's blood. Jastor Gallywix fashioned it into the orb on his cane. He believes there is a possibility that this mining operation bears partial responsibility for the eruption of Mount Kajaro, and it may not have been solely the fault of the Cataclysm.
After Sargeras stabbed Azeroth in Silithus, Azeroth began to bleed out across the world. The Alliance and Horde saw Azerite's potential as a power source and began to fight over it, while Magni Bronzebeard tasked an adventurer with gathering the blood and returning it to the world-soul to heal her.
- Being a titan's blood, like the Well of Eternity, Azerite is arcane in nature.
- It is an extremely potent mineral that can be used to power machines and weapons.
- When mixed with natural gas, liquid Azerite can harden quickly making it easy to obtain.
- Earth elementals go crazy if Azerite is infused into them.
- Ancients, being connected to the world, are pained by the presence of Azerite.
- Wielding Azerite makes one feel exultant and calm. It also increases one's endurance and provides them with an abundance of energy, increases comprehension by heightening insight, and also increases alertness, control, logic, strength, and dexterity.
- It can neutralize poisons and cannot be broken with swords, hammers, or goblin shredders.
- Azerite can become depleted.
- The appearance of Azerite in the Wailing Caverns caused the animals of the Overgrowth to behave strangely.
As a companion pet
- Azeriti and Azerite Puddle can be purchased from Magni Bronzebeard when revered with Champions of Azeroth, for 100 and 200 Polished Pet Charms respectively.
Notes and trivia
- Liquid Azerite heals your character and gives a 10% damage buff.
- Azerite has been likened to plutonium in regards to the nature of its discovery by the Horde and Alliance.
- Jastor Gallywix's cane is ornamented with Azerite.
- Lady Ashvane has an Azerite necklace.
- Azerite was foreshadowed with the quest, which rewarded . See Arcanomancer Vridiel#Background. It was also foreshadowed with the Blood of a Titan questline, the blood of Argus.
- Azerite is similar in concept to Mako from the video game Final Fantasy VII, as a power source that is actually the life force of a living planet.
- The that drops from Xavius may be a crystallized drop of water from the Well of Eternity and would thus be similar to Azerite.
- Given the similarities between Azerite and Argunite and their ability to solidify into crystals, Argunite was likely the blood of Argus.
- ^ BlizzCon 2017 World of Warcraft Gameplay and Systems Deep Dive
- ^ MMO-Champion: World of Warcraft – Gameplay and Systems Deep Dive
- ^ World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1, pg. 36
- ^ Before the Storm, ch. 3
- ^ Mech Jockey says: Some kind of arcane crystal that makes you better in every way! A bit unstable, maybe, but that's ok!
- ^ Seething Shore text
- ^ Azerite Madness
- ^ Azerokk
- ^ Before the Storm, chapter 1
- ^ Before the Storm, chapter 21
- ^ Animal Research Project
- ^ Overgrown Animals
- ^ 2017-11-07, BlizzCon 2017 World of Warcraft: Gameplay and Systems Panel Transcript. Blizzplanet, retrieved on 2017-11-15