|This article concerns content exclusive to Battle for Azeroth and is subject to change at any time as development progresses.
This article should only contain officially released content, such as beta and press release content. See Wowpedia's policy on posting unreleased content.
Azerite is a mineral produced by Azeroth as she bleeds her life essence throughout the world. It is her crystallized blood that was discovered by the Bilgewater Cartel, and the Alliance and Horde are fighting over it. When collected the life essence will be absorbed back into the Heart of Azeroth.
- Azerite has been likened to plutonium in regards to the nature of its discovery by the Horde and Alliance.
- Being a titan's blood, like the Well of Eternity, azerite is arcane in nature.
- With patch 7.3.5, has an azerite-decorated cane.
Azerite might be linked to the planetary destabilization phenomenon described in the questline. The Nightwell initially drew power from the Eye of Aman'Thul and through it the power of that titan itself, but after its collapse the energies of were scattered about the Broken Isles, growing more and more unstable. The appearance of Argus over Azeroth only accelerated the reaction, and believed this was because of the Legion's actions on the planet. Vridiel was extremely fearful about what fate awaited the world after that.
- ^ Epilogue Horde Cinematic
- ^ BlizzCon 2017 World of Warcraft Gameplay and Systems Deep Dive
- ^ MMO-Champion: World of Warcraft – Gameplay and Systems Deep Dive
- ^ 2017-11-07, BlizzCon 2017 World of Warcraft: Gameplay and Systems Panel Transcript. Blizzplanet, retrieved on 2017-11-15