This is a questing guide detailing the best way to obtain and complete quests in Azuremyst Isle.
For a list of all Azuremyst Isle quests in table format, see Azuremyst Isle quests
Note: This guide is not meant for power-leveling purposes. Rather, it is meant to show a player the most efficient way to complete all quests available for a particular zone. If you know of a better order or method to accomplish this, your input is welcome (in fact, greatly desired). For major changes, feel free to edit, but make a note in the talk page as to your reasoning.
Ammen Vale (LVL 1-5)
- See also: Powerlevel Ammen Vale
Ammen Vale is the starting zone for new draenei, and is located in eastern part of Azuremyst Isle. Other races may choose to quest here, but not all quests are available to them. If you are new to the game, check out the Newbie Guide to get started, or just dive in - the game has in-game hints and the opening quests are very straight-forward, just relax and have fun!
This is a video walkthrough on all of the following quests, patch 4.0.6, Cataclysm
- Begin by talking to the first draenei you see, Megelon, to get the quest  You Survived!.
- Head straight down the path and talk to Proenitus to complete the quest and get  Replenishing the Healing Crystals.
- Kill the nearby Vale Moths until you have completed the quest, then speak to Proenitus again to get  Urgent Delivery!.
- Enter the wreckage of the ship and find Zalduun to complete the quest and pick up  Rescue the Survivors!.
- At this point you should find your class trainer and complete your training quest (which is simply to talk to the trainer) and purchase your first skills. The class trainers can be found within the crashed ship at the Crash Site.
- Once you have been trained, go outside and find the nearest draenei survivor, they will be laying on the ground with a red smoke rising from them. Heal one using the draenei racial ability [Gift of the Naaru], then return to Zalduun to complete the quest and receive a 4-slot bag.
Healing the Land
Trouble with Blood Elves
Image:IconSmall Shaman.gifShaman - Call of Earth
Shamans can pick up and complete these quests as soon as they reach level 4. The quests are very simple and result in gaining your first totem, the [Earth Totem], and the spell [Stoneskin Totem].
Time to Move On
Azuremyst Isle (LVL 5-10)
Azuremyst Isle is the main zone for beginning draenei, once they graduate from Ammen Vale. To get here, head through the pass on the south-west corner of Ammen Vale.
The Trip to Azure Watch
- On the way through the pass from Ammen Vale, speak with Aeun to get the quest  Word from Azure Watch.
- Across the river in the area Ammen Ford, you will see a draenei female named Diktynna. Talk to her to get the quest  Red Snapper - Very Tasty!
- Use the net she gives you to catch red snapper - you need to swim out right next to the schools of fish (sparkly circles in the river) to use the net. Careful, sometimes using it causes murlocs to spawn.
- Return to Diktynna once you have all the fish and complete the quest. She will give you a fishing pole, and the next quest:  Find Acteon!
- You can learn fishing here if you have enough money, it costs 1.
- When you are ready, head on along the road west to Azure Watch.
- In Azure Watch, complete your quests by talking to Acteon, Technician Dyvuun, and Caregiver Chellan.
- Pick up the following quests from around town:
- Before heading out, make Azure Watch your home by talking to Caregiver Chellan in the inn. You should also find your class trainer (talk to the guards if you can't find the trainer) and catch up on your skill training.
- You can also learn many professions here:
Out Into the World
- Head south of Azure Watch along the road and look for
- Keep going south until you come to Odesyus' Landing. If you haven't gotten all the items you need, don't worry about it - you can get them on the way back.
- Here you can pick up the following quests:
- If you like, you can also get the following professions here:
- When you are ready, head down to the beach and start killing any Skittering Crawlers you see for their [Skittering Crawler Meat]. You can find a lot of them in the shallow water.
- Make your way east along the beach, killing crawlers as you go. When you come to an area with Venture Co. goblins wandering around, look for the nautical compass and nautical map. Once you get them, head back west to safer beaches and continue to kill crabs.
- When you have all the meats, return to Cookie and the Admiral and turn in the quests. Three new quests will now be offered by nearby NPCs, get all of them:
Return to Azure Watch
- Head back to Azure Watch along the road north, gathering any items still needed for the quests there. Also grab a hollowed out tree and any leaves you find for the  I've Got a Plant quest. The Root Trappers can be a little hard to find, and the drop rate isn't too good either. The field south-west of Azure Watch seems to be a good place. If you haven't found an Infected Nightstalker Runt, try searching north of town.
- Once you have everything, enter the town and turn in the quests.
Exploring the North
- Head north and kill any bucks and nightstalkers you see. Remember to pick up piles of leaves if you haven't got 5 already. Also keep your eyes open for azure snapdragons, they grow at the base of trees just north of town.
- Once you have completed these quests, return to Azure Watch. If you are not level 8 yet, kill a few monsters until you level up.
- Turn in your quests at Azure Watch. Some new quests should now be available:
The Language of the Furbolgs
- Use the book you got from  Learning the Language to complete the first step in this chain. Then talk to the Totem of Akida in Azure Watch.
- Follow the guide from the totem north to the Totem of Coo on the top of the cliff - talk to it to receive the next quest.
- Wait for the guide to give you wings, then jump off the cliff in the direction he indicates (east) towards the river. The Totem of Tikti is on the east bank of the river. Talk to this totem to receive the next quest.
- After the guide gives you a buff improving your swim speed and giving you underwater breathing, swim down the river ahead of him, watching the river bottom until you see the Totem of Yor. Talk to it to receive the next quest.
- DO NOT leave without the guide. He will turn you and himself into panthers, giving you incredibly fast movement and stealth. Run with him as the next totem is rather far away. It is to the west at the Bristlelimb Village. Again talk to it to receive the next quest,  The Prophecy of Akida.
- You now can speak and understand the language of the Furbolgs, which you will need for future questing on Azuremyst Isle. Complete  The Prophecy of Akida before you leave the Bristlelimb Village, killing the Bristlelimb Furbolgs and getting their keys, then right-clicking the cages to free the trapped Stillpine Furbolgs.
- Once you have freed 8 of them, head back north-west to Azure Watch and talk to the furbolg there to complete the quest.
- After turning in quests, restocking, and training any necessary skills at Azure Watch, head back south to the coast. If you haven't yet, pick up any needed quests at Odesyus' Landing.
- Head west along the coast until you find Wrathscale Naga, Myrmidon, or Sirens. The first kill should drop [Rune Covered Tablet], which will start the quest  Rune Covered Tablet.
- Return to Priestess Kyleen Il'dinare at Odesyus' Landing and give her the tablet, then get the next quest:  Warlord Sriss'tiz.
- Head back to the beach with the Wrathscales. Don't worry about fighting them now, you will be fighting many more in the cave where Warlord Sriss'tiz is. Pick up any Ancient Relics you see along the way; they look like little crystal balls.
- The cave you are looking for is called Tides' Hollow, and it's to the northwest of Wrathscale Point. It should show up on your world map, so navigate by that.
- Once you enter the cave, head down as far as you can until you come to a pool of water with some ruins. Warlord Sriss'tiz should be here. You can usually get him by himself without any other naga interfering.
- When you have defeated him, return to the surface and kill any naga you have left for  Reclaiming the Ruins. Also pick up any Ancient Relics you still need for  Precious and Fragile Things Need Special Handling.
- At this point, you may want to return to town to restock. However, if you feel up to continuing, the next area is very close by.
Requests of Stillpine Hold
- Head to Stillpine Hold and pick up all the available quests there, in addition to turning in  Stillpine Hold.
- To the east, kill the escaped ravagers to complete  Beasts of the Apocalypse!. Shamans should also talk to Temper to get the next stage of their Call of Fire quest.
- After turning in  Beasts of the Apocalypse! at Stillpine Hold, a few more quests should become available:
- Head into the hold after making any necessary preparations. Inside, you will need to:
- When you return to the Stillpine furbolgs, another quest (  The Kurken is Lurkin') should become available. Head back into the hold to defeat The Kurken.
- After turning in  The Kurken is Lurkin' and the next quest,  The Kurken's Hide, pick up the quest  Warn Your People from the chief of the Stillpine.
- Shamans should now head back to the Emberglade and get the next quest in the Call of Fire chain. You'll have to walk all the way to the other end of the island to get to Silvermyst Isle, unfortunately. Once there, locate the wickerman effigy and burn it to summon Hauteur. Defeat him, collect his ashes, and use the [Orb of Returning] to teleport back to Emberglade. Turn in the quest with Temper and get the next in the chain.
- Next, travel to the northwestern coast and steal the [Stillpine Grain] back from the murlocs there. You can either loot it from visible grain sacks or kill murlocs to get it from them. If [Gurf's Dignity] drops from one of them, be sure to return it to Gurf back in Stillpine Hold.
- Mages will encounter Quel'dorei Magewraith and need to kill it to complete their quest. This is a good time to practice mana management by having mana potions and your wand ready.
- Once you have all the grain, return to Stillpine Hold to turn in the quest.
- Finally, it's time to return to Azure Watch to turn in  Warn Your People. Shamans can also get the next quest in their Call of Fire quest chain at this time.
On to bigger things
Where to go from here
The next logical step for most draenei is to move on to Bloodmyst Isle. However, Darkshore is also just a boat trip away and is the appropriate level for questing after Azuremyst. Other options include Loch Modan and Westfall in the Eastern Kingdoms.