Captain Balinda Stonehearth
|Affiliation(s)||Stormpike Guard, Alliance|
World of Warcraft
This section concerns content exclusive to World of Warcraft.
If Balinda is left alive throughout the battle, she can urge the Alliance players with battle cries, giving them the 'Stormpike's Salvation' buff, increasing all friendly player hitpoints by 20% for 2 minutes. She will grant this buff immediately after the death of Captain Galvangar, and will reapply it every 10 minutes. Killing her will result in honor for the Horde forces and Frostwolf Clan reputation, and prevent Alliance players from gaining this buff.
At the end of the game, if Balinda is still alive, she yields bonus honor, experience and reputation with the Stormpike Guard.
This section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
- (unlike the Mage equivalent, has a 2 second cast time)
- (note duration is only 4 secs compared to 10 secs)
- - summons a Greater Water Elemental to assist Balinda in battle. Unlike the mage equivalent, Balinda's water elemental has 1 second cast times and is immune to all crowd control.
- Begone, uncouth scum! The Alliance shall prevail in Alterac Valley!
- Take heart, Alliance! Throw these villains from Alterac Valley! (Alliance players receives Stormpike's Salvation buff (+20% health points for 2 minutes).)
- Filthy Frostwolf cowards! If you want a fight, you'll have to come to me!
- She is mentioned by , who apparently considered her a pushover.
- Balinda has had various spells tweaked, added or removed since her original implementation:
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 5.4.7 (2014-02-18): Now immune to and all disarm and daze effects. Health and Damage increased.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Now casts .
- Patch 2.4.0 (2008-03-25):
- Captain Balinda Stonehearth can no longer be interrupted, silenced, or have her spells slowed. In addition, her water elemental cannot be banished, and does increased damage.
- Captain Balinda Stonehearth has had her health total reduced to match the health total of Captain Galvangar.
- Hotfix (2008-01-08): "Hit points significantly increased."
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Can now summon a water elemental.
- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07): Added.