|Base of operations|
|Theater of operations|
The Baradin's Wardens are the Alliance faction on Tol Barad that fought the Horde's Hellscream's Reach for control of the prison island. They formerly controlled the whole of both islands, but with a mysterious magic causing a large amount of their soldiers to go insane or die, they have lost the bulk control over the island they once held.
Once led by Duke Reginald Baradin II, this fierce army has historic ties to the island stronghold of Tol Barad. They have joined the forces of the Alliance in an effort to repel the Horde invaders and gain control of this crucial strategic point.
The Baradin's Wardens are a motley collection of soldiers based on the island of Tol Barad. Though they bolster their ranks with mercenaries at many opportunities, several prominent members of the Wardens claim ancestry from Stromgarde, a human-led nation that battled against the Horde on the shores of Tol Barad in the past. Still, others speak of years of service to the magi of Kul Tiras, claiming that they were charged with ensuring that the deadly prisoners locked away in the mystic Baradin Hold never again walk free on Azeroth. Whether these claims are simple bravado or truth remains to be seen, but the effect of invoking the bloody history of the island's guardians cannot be denied. The Baradin's Wardens are fiercely dedicated to their mission.
These champions seek aid from anyone willing to cross swords with the Horde armies scattered throughout the island of Tol Barad. The favors they extend to their champions are equally militant: mighty battle standards, peerless weapons, and other combat aids, all of which they hope will serve their continued goal of controlling the prison island once more.
Through a series of unfortunate events, the group lost control over various portions of Tol Barad. In the northern region, apart from the Horde, various other forces have begun to run rampant across the area. The Wardens at Farson Hold have gone insane, with their leader, Keep Lord Farson, now entirely hostile to their cause. Pirates have overrun Rustberg Village after the Stromic denizens there returned home to aid with the troubles in their native kingdom. In addition, a myriad of undead issues plague the Baradin's Wardens. Wellson Shipyard was lost and its inhabitants mysteriously raised as hostile ghosts, and undead pirates roam the coastline just east of Farson Hold, attacking supply ships. Largo's Overlook has also been overrun by undead, who steal from the Wardens' dwindling supplies. While out of the way, undead have also risen in the Restless Front and Forgotten Hill, making it difficult to scavenge old supplies and tend to the deceased respectively.
To the south, their prison fortress of Baradin Hold has also now been lost in a myriad of ways. The main fortress is under contest between the remaining Baradin's Wardens and their Alliance allies, and the invading Horde forces, with the outlying buildings swapping back and forth between the two factions ceaselessly. The prison cellblocks themselves have also been lost. The Hole has fallen to a prisoner revolt headed by the traitor Warden Silva. D-Block's imprisoned demons have all broken free and overrun their cells. The ominously named Cursed Depths have also fallen, with undead running rampant through the block. Finally, the main cells within Baradin Hold itself have also been lost; the various methods of keeping imprisoned the dangerous demons within having had been destroyed by the Cataclysm.
At some point after adventurers raided Baradin Hold, a clean up crew was attempting to restore Baradin Hold. Occul'tharon appeared in the same cell as Occu'thar. Unlike with its predecessor, its guards were able to contain it with wards for a time. Unfortunately, their efforts were thwarted when the island was overrun by demonic prisoners; forcing the Wardens to once more fall back and leave the hold in ruins.
Tol Barad Peninsula (Contested)
Tol Barad (PvP)
Once led by Duke Reginald Baradin II, this fierce army has historic ties to the island stronghold of Tol Barad. They have joined the forces of the Alliance in an effort to repeal[sic] the Horde invaders and gain control of this strategic island.
Reputation through Exalted with the Baradin Wardens can be gained via killing bosses in Baradin Hold and daily quests distributed in 2 quest hubs.
There are 34 daily quests in total but players can complete a maximum of 18 of them in various combinations.
- 22 quests in Tol Barad Peninsula of which 6 are available and can be completed daily.
- 12 quests in Tol Barad of which six are available:
- Three quests are available from an NPC who is available whenever the Alliance controls the area, and
- Three quests that vary depending on which of three quest givers is present (9 possible quests).
- All quests reward 250 Baradin's Wardens reputation points with the exception of those marked with (#) rewarding 350 points.
Note on No-Tag Quests: This means that even if the NPC is tagged by another player and combat is in progress, if you help the other player by dealing some amount of damage to the NPC, the quest objectives will be completed.
The first quest hub is located in the Tol Barad Peninsula (Northern Island, contested area), the Baradin Base Camp located at .
Players can be transferred either by the portal from Stormwind (Eastern Earthshrine, ) or with the use of mage class teleports and portals.
% - Removed until further notice.
The second quest hub is in Tol Barad in the PvP area of Tol Barad located at .
These quest givers will only be present when the Alliance controls Tol Barad.
Sergeant Parker will be always present. Commander Stevens, Marshall Fallows, and 2nd Lieutenant Wansworth rotate after each battle; each of these three NPC's gives a set of three quests worth 350 reputation each.
One of Commander Stevens, Marshal Fallows and 2nd Lieutenant Wansworth spawn randomly everytime the battle ends and Alliance controls the area.
Completion of all possible daily quests (18) will give a daily reputation gain of 5400 points and requires less than 8 days to reach exalted status; this time can be reduced further by guild perks, the human racial , or other reputation buffs such as the Spirit of Sharing.
|85||2H Sword (strength)|
|Dagger of Restless Nights (Alliance)||85||Dagger (agility)|
|85||1H Axe (agility)|
|85||1H Axe (strength)|
|Spear of Trailing Shadows (Alliance)||85||Polearm (agility)|
|85||1H Mace (spirit)|
|Insidious Staff (Alliance)||85||Staff (caster)|
|Exalted||Mandala of Stirring Patterns (Alliance)||125||Trinket (spirit)|
|Stump of Time (Alliance)||125||Trinket (caster)|
Notes and trivia
- Despite being worse for wear, the group is still supported by their benefactors in Kul Tiras, as multiple quests refer to supply ships being sent to aid them after being harassed by pirates.
- The group also worked with the Kirin Tor up to the point of the Cataclysm, as Argaloth and Alizabal are noted as transfers from the Violet Hold.
- When in control of Tol Barad, the Baradin's Wardens will offer additional daily quests.
- According to an early beta screenshot of the Eastern Earthshrine, the Baradin's Wardens wore Kul Tiran tabards. Since then, they now have their own tabard, although according to recently released info, some claim they had been affiliated with the magi of Kul Tiras.
- In Stormwind City, the group holds a Theramore banner; possibly as a stand in for their Kul Tiran roots.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2011-01-05): The number of guard spawns has been increased for both Horde and Alliance base camps, with guards now surrounding the edges of each camp. Both Alliance and Horde guards use all abilities that the Furious Hyjal Warden uses and will attack with ranged abilities when unable to find a path, or at a distance. Guards are also immune to taunt effects. In addition, Hellscream and Baradin Guards now respawn more quickly.
- Hotfix (2011-01-04): "Baradin Guards now correctly attack Horde players which enter their aggro radius or attack them."
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.
- ^ Farson Hold Prisoner,
- ^ Keep Lord Farson
- ^ a b c d e Baradin's Wardens. Archived from the original on 2013-05-21.
- ^ Baradin Hold dungeon journal
- ^ , Allaris Narassin says: To think the Horde and Alliance once waged war to control this prison. As usual, their small-minded efforts were misguided and futile.
- ^ Beta screenshot of Baradin's Wardens in Eastern Earthshrine