Baradin Hold is the main fortress of Tol Barad, located at the island's center. Whoever controls the Hold - by taking and holding the three major fortifications around it - controls Tol Barad, and gains access to the raid instance located in the dungeon beneath the hold. The path leading to the instance line can be found at , on the outside of the hold's western wall next to the meeting stone.
|This section is a lore stub.|
Battle between the Alliance and Horde rages throughout the surrounding environment, but the inside of Baradin Hold stands silent - and rightly so. Among some of the most deadly entities on Azeroth - those too dangerous to chain above ground or exile from the island - are locked inside the hold, only accessible to those who claim control of Tol Barad.
This section concerns content related to Legion.
After adventurers killed Occu'thar shortly after the Battle for Tol Barad, a clean up crew was attempting to restore Baradin Hold. However, its prison was invaded by Occul'tharon and other demons. The prison guard initially warded him, but barely held it. Subsequently, Tol Barad became lost to the inmates, with all forces in retreat. Later, the Shadow Council infiltrated the Hold and slew Occul'tharon, claiming the Eye of Dalaran (which the creature had somehow obtained while in the Twisting Nether) to be used in their rituals.
Following the Second War, the ruined fortress of Baradin Hold on the remote island of Tol Barad was converted into a prison for some of the most dangerous forces on Azeroth. Yet with the devastation wrought by the Cataclysm, the prison's integrity has been compromised. Now as the Horde and Alliance vie for supremacy on the island, the liberation of its forgotten horrors may be at hand.
Encounters and Loot
- The hallways were guarded by Demon Containment Units until they were destroyed by Occu'thar. Then Eyes of Occu'thar roamed the halls in two packs, until they were replaced by Disciples of Hate who serve Alizabal.
- The instance has been designed to allow for future bosses so that the dungeon doesn't seem to magically stretch over time like Wintergrasp Fortress.
- Patch 4.3.2 (2012-01-31): Eyes replaced by Disciples of Hate.
- Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): Alizabal added.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Occu'thar added. Demon Containment Units replaced by roaming Eyes of Occu'thar.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.