A barbershop is a place where players are able to alter their character's hair style, hair color and other facial features (such as earrings, facial hair and horns). With Warlords of Draenor, players are also able to use the barbershop to choose new faces.
- Stormwind Barber Shop, Trade District, Stormwind City – In the northern part of the district.
- The Commons, Ironforge – Near the western tunnel to the Great Forge.
- Orgrimmar – On the cliffs at the western side of the Valley of Strength, up the ramp and in the first building north of the tunnel connecting the Valley of Strength to the Valley of Spirits.
- Trade Quarter, Undercity – In an upper level alcove near the eastern elevator.
- Dalaran – Between Sunreaver's Sanctuary and the northern bank.
- Area 52, Netherstorm – In a small building in the southwestern part of the town.
- Cosmowrench, Netherstorm – In the only building (there is only a chair, but no barber).
- Main article: Barbershop interface
Every race and gender has a selection of multiple hair style choices as well as hair color and race exclusive options.
Changing your hair style will complete the achievement .
Formerly the home of Sween Neetod the Barber, Jelinek Sharpshear has taken his place and this
goblin gnome will be more than happy to give you a great shave and a haircut. The establishment later changed management to Genevieve, and she has Jelinek working in her new salon.
- The cost of changing hairstyles varies by the character's level, ranging from a couple silver for a low level player to 10 to 15 gold for a level 90.
- Level 1 characters can change hairstyles for free, assuming you skip all the starting quests and go straight to the barber.
- Very few of the hairstyles are actually new. They are taken from and added to different races and genders.
- At least one member of the Blizzard team is rooting for a specific hairstyle. Bornakk wants mohawks for every race, both male and female. He not only wants mohawks, he wants huge mohawks.
- Tauren can change skin tone, since they don't have hairstyles.
- Druids can change hair/skin color in order to change their bear and cat form color combinations.
- Demon Hunters can switch blindfolds, horn shapes, or tattoo colors.
- When at a barbershop, you automatically wear a .
- Patch 8.1.0 (2018-12-11): New unlockable new skin color customization option with black eyes for night elves.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): New visual customization options for individual races: new straight back posture for male orcs and new face options with golden eyes for blood elves.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Players can now use the barbershop to choose new faces for their characters.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Additional new hairstyles have been added for some races/genders.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Tauren now have the option of changing skin tone by visiting the Barber Shop.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.