Barkskin is a level 26 Balance, Guardian, and Restoration druid ability.
Tips and tactics
- This spell gives you the opportunity to cast a spell without suffering pushback.
- This spell is especially useful for casting and , as they are very expensive, and Tranquility in particular has a long cooldown. Even though you can still be interrupted by counterspell mechanics, Barkskin will allow the full duration of the spell to take place in lieu of damaging attacks.
- Barkskin has no global cooldown, so you can add it into macros to cast it automatically when using the aforementioned skills, or any other combination, such as .
- In PvP, using Barkskin when under or by a rogue, or under or by a paladin, may give you the edge to survive the encounter, especially if caught in caster form.
- Barkskin is undispellable.
- Barkskin is off the global cooldown.
- Barkskin is usable in all forms, including and .
Every spell can have a reverse reaction from that originally intended, an example of this is the barkskin spell. Malfurion Stormrage developed a reverse effect to use against the Burning Legion. This variation of the barkskin spell also hardens the targets skin, but at the same time makes the target unable to move, turning him into a statue.
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25): Now learned at level 26 (was 36).
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): New visual animation.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): No longer available to Feral druids.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Barkskin is no longer dispellable.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): , Barkskin, , and are now off the Global Cooldown.
- Patch 2.4.3 (2008-07-15): The cost of Barkskin is now reduced by Tree of Life Form.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Barkskin cannot be used while under the spell effect of .
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): Barkskin now reduces all damage taken, with its duration reduced to 12 seconds and cooldown reduced to 1 minute.
- Patch 2.0.6 (2007-01-23): Barkskin is now usable while stunned.
- Patch 1.12.0 (2006-08-22): The tooltip has been changed to 25% due to the haste effect change.
- Patch 1.3.0 (2005-03-07): Added.