|Former affiliation(s)||Gilneas, Undercity, Horde|
|Relative(s)||Lord Ashbury the 1st (Father)|
Baron Ashbury was an eastern nobleman from Gilneas.
Lord of His Pack
He and Genn grew up together, and he was once one of the king's most trusted friends. He was present in the Capital City to create the Alliance of Lordaeron and agreed with Lord Godfrey, to sent only a token army. He participated in the hunts with Genn, Lord Marley and Godfrey in the Blackwald.
Curse of the Worgen
This section concerns content related to Cataclysm.
He joined with Lord Vincent Godfrey to turn Genn Greymane over to the Forsaken in exchange for an end to hostilities. Along with his ally, Lord Walden, Ashbury was slain by Gilnean worgen who fought to save their King. Godfrey, Ashbury and Walden were all raised in undeath by the Forsaken and served them for a time. After Godfrey betrayed the Forsaken by slaying Sylvanas Windrunner, Ashbury fled with his master into nearby Shadowfang Keep.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
On his undeath:
- I always loved Silverpine -- until the Lich King let loose his rampaging Scourge armies and turned the land into a rotting corpse pit. Now the sight of it boils my green blood.
- This is undoubtedly Godfrey's fault.
- They should have burned my damned corpse.
- Keep the conversations curt. I am in no mood for whining or rambling.
- Being forsaken has its benefits. Let me see... I am able to practically live underwater. I can stay submerged 233% longer than any fleshy mortal. Yes, count it, 233%.
- Oh, and now I am able to shrug off mind-controlling effects - BECAUSE I LACK A BRAIN!
- And perhaps the best part, I now have a hungering for the flesh of other humanoids. Cannibalizing their rotten corpses grants me power. Yes, DE-LI-CIOUS...
Random dialogue with Godfrey:
- Lord Godfrey says: For pity's sake Ashbury, cover yourself. Your leg bones are popping out.
- Baron Ashbury says: I did not bring this wretched affliction upon myself, Godfrey, it was a "gift," remember? Now kindly enjoy the gift and shut up.
Baron Ashbury during Curse of the Worgen.
Oddly, as a Forsaken Ashbury has hair, but at the time of his death he was bald.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.